Wrong wheel info. in Cycle Computer.....

willadean

Jun 16, 2007
Hi! i had the wrong wheel info. in my cycling computer, it was set at 2124, and I found out today it is supposed to be 2097 for my wheel size.... question, was I riding faster or slower than the computer had said?... does this make sense? Like say the computer said I was going 21 mph, what was I really going?
Thanks for any help :)

willadean said:
Hi! i had the wrong wheel info. in my cycling computer, it was set at 2124, and I found out today it is supposed to be 2097 for my wheel size.... question, was I riding faster or slower than the computer had said?... does this make sense? Like say the computer said I was going 21 mph, what was I really going?
Thanks for any help :)
You were going slower, although the difference isn't that great. If the computer was reading 21.0, you would have been going 20.7.

best thing to get them right is to do an on-the-bike roll-out on a marked velodrome or path, or whatever. Longer the better :)

531Aussie said:
best thing to get them right is to do an on-the-bike roll-out on a marked velodrome or path, or whatever. Longer the better :)
Or, since you already have it set, just test the current setting on known, fairly long distance - say 5 miles. You might find it's a tiny percentage inaccurate, close enoug, or could adjust accordingly..

The past two or three computers I've had had settings for various tire sizes and they were all very accurate, less than 1 percent different than my friend's GPS.

Thanks so much you guys! I am newer to cycling, only done a couple 100K's, and i teach indoor cycling 5 days/week. Got the road bike this year and have been loving it. :)