WTB: 1" Carbon Fork Compression Plug

Tom Kunich

Guest
I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
0.778".

What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
compression plug work?

Paul Kopit

Guest
On Wed, 14 May 2008 19:38:36 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]
com> wrote:

>I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
>thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
>I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
>0.778".
>
>What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
>compression plug work?

I recall that problem a couple of years ago. The FSA compressor has 3
wedges with a rubber band that holds them together. I removed one of
the wedges and it worked fine.

The Troll Feeder

Guest
On May 14, 6:38 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
> I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
> thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
> I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
> 0.778".
>
> What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
> compression plug work?

Check it out http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0302110

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com

Guest
On May 14, 8:38 pm, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote:
> I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a little
> thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the Eastons. The plugs
> I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID of the ITM fork is
> 0.778".
>
> What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the Reynolds 1"
> compression plug work?

Try a Ritchey plug. made for 1 and 1 1/8inch steerers.

raelwelcome

Guest
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected] com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I have a 1 inch ITM fork with a carbon steerer. These things are a
> little thicker walled steerers than others I've used such as the
> Eastons. The plugs I have will only compress to 0.815" whereas the ID
> of the ITM fork is 0.778".
>
> What has anyone else used that would fit these forks? Will the
> Reynolds 1" compression plug work?

I have the Reynolds 2007 1 inch expander. It measures .815 with my
calipers. I used the Alpha Q insert and star nut in my Ouzo Pro. I guess
the warranty is toast, but my confidence in the carbon steerer is much
greater.