WTB 1" to 1" threadless adapter

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by R J Peterson, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. R J Peterson

    R J Peterson Guest

    I am looking for a threadless adapter -- the piece that allows a threadless stem to be used with a
    threaded fork -- for use in an old 1" threaded fork with a 1" threadless stem (1" i.d. and 1" o.d.
    size.) I know Cinelli makes one but I can't seem to find one. (Colorado Cyclist has them in the
    catalog but not actually for sale.)

    Anybody have one?

    Tags:

  2. ExcelSports has them in their catalog. Give them a call
    http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=7&major=1&minor=22 -Keith

    "R J Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am looking for a threadless adapter -- the piece that allows a
    threadless
    > stem to be used with a threaded fork -- for use in an old 1" threaded fork with a 1" threadless
    > stem (1" i.d. and 1" o.d. size.) I know Cinelli
    makes
    > one but I can't seem to find one. (Colorado Cyclist has them in the
    catalog
    > but not actually for sale.)
    >
    > Anybody have one?

  3. rjonp-<< I am looking for a threadless adapter -- the piece that allows a threadless stem to be used
    with a threaded fork -- for use in an old 1" threaded fork with a 1" threadless stem (1" i.d. and 1"
    o.d. size.) I know Cinelli makes one >><BR><BR>

    We have Profile and Deda ones. I woold stay away from the Cinelli one, in our experience, it is a
    wee bit undersized, tough to get the stem tight.

    $12 plus shipping