WTB: 23mm seatpost for old carbon vitus

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Pamela Blalock, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. A friend was recently given an old carbon vitus bike. The
    seatpost is cracked and needs to be replaced. It is 23mm.
    Anybody have one of these lying around?

    thanks pamela blalock

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "pamela blalock" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A friend was recently given an old carbon vitus bike. The
    > seatpost is cracked and needs to be replaced. It is 23mm.
    > Anybody have one of these lying around?

    Are you sure about that Pam? I believe that the seatpost
    should be a 25 or a
    25.2 and they are presently available from American Classic.

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "pamela blalock" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > A friend was recently given an old carbon vitus bike.
    > > The seatpost is cracked and needs to be replaced. It is
    > > 23mm. Anybody have one of these lying around?
    >
    > Are you sure about that Pam? I believe that the seatpost
    > should be a 25 or a
    > 25.2 and they are presently available from American
    > Classic.

    Hi, Tom-

    IIRC, 25mm posts fit the 979 aluminum frames while 23mm fit
    the "Carbone" frames. It's been a while since I climbed the
    shelves at Euro-Asia, so I'm not 100% sure.

    Jeff

  4. Jdtpumps

    Jdtpumps Guest

    Path of least resistance would be getting a larger one
    turned down in a lathe. The headstock jaws have to fit over
    the top, obviously. BT

  5. Ground Zero

    Ground Zero Guest

    "JDTPumps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Path of least resistance would be getting a larger one
    > turned down in a
    lathe.
    > The headstock jaws have to fit over the top, obviously. BT

    That's a good recipe for disaster... can you say
    "alloy enema"?

    Stuart Winsor Ground Zero Cycles