WTB: 26.2 TT Seatpost

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Andrew Martin, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. I'm not sure it even exists, but I've got a 1972 Coppi frame with Cinelli tubing (so 26.2 Seatpost
    size). I'm going to turn it into a fixed TT bike, but because of it's lax geometry - the saddle
    position is WAY back on the bike. I've got a cheap Kalloy post in there now, but it has some pretty
    serious setback and is not reversable. If anybody has a TT post, or a reversable 26.2 post, or other
    ideas - I'm interested.

    thanks. -a

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    Andrew Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I'm not sure it even exists, but I've got a 1972 Coppi frame with Cinelli tubing (so 26.2 Seatpost
    >size). I'm going to turn it into a fixed TT bike, but because of it's lax geometry - the saddle
    >position is WAY back on the bike. I've got a cheap Kalloy post in there now, but it has some pretty
    >serious setback and is not reversable. If anybody has a TT post, or a reversable 26.2 post, or
    >other ideas - I'm interested.

    Assuming the bike is not a museum piece worthy of restoration, I'd consider reaming it to 26.4 to
    get more seatpost options. Taking .1mm off the wall is not going to matter for that pipe.

    --Paul

  3. Bikewave

    Bikewave Guest

    i have an item that will bolt into your seat post (either the original or the kalloy) and move the
    seat forward 1.2 inches. Its an "old school" device that has been hanging around my shop for several
    years, since the standardization of
    27.2 posts for aero products. Id let it go for $10 at this point. It sounds like what you need.