WTB: 26.2mm Seat Post / Preferably Vintage French

Eric

Guest
Hi,

Thanks for reading.

I'm looking for a 26.2mm seat post for an old French bike.

Any and all ideas are appreciated...

Thanks, Eric

[email protected] (Eric) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for reading.
>
> I'm looking for a 26.2mm seat post for an old French bike.
>
> Any and all ideas are appreciated...
>
> Thanks, Eric

Eric-

I just posted looking for a 26.2 as well. I got no love and am still stuck with my Kalloy. There
aren't a lot of people out there still making 26.2.

Eric <[email protected]> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for reading.
>
>I'm looking for a 26.2mm seat post for an old French bike.
>
>Any and all ideas are appreciated...

Get a .8mm shim and a 25.4 post.

http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=ST0508

The 25.4 posts are not exactly plentiful but there are a few more options in that size, and a lot
more on the used market in 25.4 than 26.2.

There are quite a few 25.0 posts out there as well but the shim may be harder to find.

You could also find a 26.4 post you like and ream the seat tube.

--Paul