WTB: 26.2mm Seat Post / Preferably Vintage French

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Eric, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for reading.

    I'm looking for a 26.2mm seat post for an old French bike.

    Any and all ideas are appreciated...

    Thanks, Eric

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Eric) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for reading.
    >
    > I'm looking for a 26.2mm seat post for an old French bike.
    >
    > Any and all ideas are appreciated...
    >
    > Thanks, Eric

    Eric-

    I just posted looking for a 26.2 as well. I got no love and am still stuck with my Kalloy. There
    aren't a lot of people out there still making 26.2.

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    Eric <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Thanks for reading.
    >
    >I'm looking for a 26.2mm seat post for an old French bike.
    >
    >Any and all ideas are appreciated...

    Get a .8mm shim and a 25.4 post.

    http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.cfm?PageID=49&SKU=ST0508

    The 25.4 posts are not exactly plentiful but there are a few more options in that size, and a lot
    more on the used market in 25.4 than 26.2.

    There are quite a few 25.0 posts out there as well but the shim may be harder to find.

    You could also find a 26.4 post you like and ream the seat tube.

    --Paul