WTB 28.6mm silver clamp for Campgnolo Mirage front changer or...

Peter

Guest
I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front
changer. Can anyone here supply me with a new one? Failing
that do any of the shops posting here have an all silver
Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.

Peter wrote:

> I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front
> changer. Can anyone here supply me with a new one? Failing
> that do any of the shops posting here have an all silver
> Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.

Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break
the clamp?

(Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Peter wrote:
>
> > I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front
> > changer. Can
anyone
> > here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of
> > the shops posting
here
> > have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the
> > cost? Thanks.
> >

> Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
> 28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the
> clamp?
>
> (Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)
>

> --
> Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
> April, 1971

I have a 32mm Mirage clamp-on triple I want to put on my
steel Miele so I need a 28.6mm silver clamp. Campy has
discontinued 28.6mm clamp triples - I could get to dislike
Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front
changer with a
29.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help.

St John St Cycles web site lists Mirage band-on front
derailleur (8-speed model) for STG10. They also show several
other Campagnolo front derailleurs, both double and triple,
with 28.6mm clamp.

Nick

news:[email protected]...

Peter wrote:
> I have a 32mm Mirage clamp-on triple I want to put on my
> steel Miele so I need a 28.6mm silver clamp. Campy has
> discontinued 28.6mm clamp triples - I could get to dislike
> Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
> 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front
> changer with a
> 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help.

We use the braze model with an aftermarket 28.6mm clamp (
and 31.8 and 34.8 too) . Inexpensive combination, versatile
inventory, no complaints here.

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> prekow-<< I could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up.
> Anyone know where I can get a
> 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front
> changer with a
> 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>
>
> geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo',
> and have them
swap
> the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike
> shop, use a
brazeon
> and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a
> show srtopper by
any
> means.
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali
> costruite eccezionalmente bene"

I already have the Mirage triple and it is the clamp on
style. None of the shops around here STOCK Campy parts.such
as the 28.6mm clamp or front changers everything has to be
ordered from Marinoni and they don't have them either. So
Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or
swap for my 32mm silver clamp? Thanks again.

"Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:20040706090420.04229.00001105@mb-
> m15.aol.com...
> > prekow-<< I could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up.
> > Anyone know where I can get
> > 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front
> > changer with a
> > 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>
> >
> > geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla
> > Campagnolo', and have them
> swap
> > the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent
> > bike shop, use a
> brazeon
> > and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a
> > show srtopper
by
> any
> > means.
> >
> > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St.
> > Boulder, CO, 80302
> > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote
> > convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
> >
> I already have the Mirage triple and it is the clamp on
> style. None of
the
> shops around here STOCK Campy parts.such as the 28.6mm
> clamp or front changers everything has to be ordered from
> Marinoni and they don't have
them
> either. So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm
> silver clamp or swap for my 32mm silver clamp?
> Thanks again.

If you don't have to have a STOCK Campy part, Branford Bike
sells a 1-1/8 inches (28.6mm) seat tube adapter clamp. Its
made in the USA by Problem Solvers and cost $15.88.

See here:

http://www.branfordbike.com/campy/campy.html#FrontDerailleu-
rs

A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Peter wrote:
>
> > I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front
> > changer. Can anyone here supply me with a new one?
> > Failing that do any of the shops posting here have an
> > all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost?
> > Thanks.
> >

> Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
> 28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the
> clamp?
>
> (Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)

Does anyone know why Campagnolo decided to stop selling
28.6mm clamps for their triple-compatible derailleurs in the
first place? It's not as if they haven't been making them
for umpteen years. Don't they want to sell their triple
groups to people (like me) with steel framesets and 28.6
seat tubes?

And to the suggestion that you should get your LBS to try to
dig up one from somewhere, the obvious rejoinder is: why
should a customer have to? It's not as if 28.6 seat tubes
are a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

--
John Bignucolo [email protected]

On 7 Jul 2004 06:36:28 -0700, [email protected] (John
Bignucolo) wrote:

>A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>> > I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front
>> > changer. Can anyone here supply me with a new one?
>> > Failing that do any of the shops posting here have an
>> > all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost?
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
>> 28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the
>> clamp?
>>
>> (Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)
>
>Does anyone know why Campagnolo decided to stop selling
>28.6mm clamps for their triple-compatible derailleurs in
>the first place? It's not as if they haven't been making
>them for umpteen years. Don't they want to sell their
>triple groups to people (like me) with steel framesets and
>28.6 seat tubes?
>
>And to the suggestion that you should get your LBS to try
>to dig up one from somewhere, the obvious rejoinder is: why
>should a customer have to? It's not as if 28.6 seat tubes
>are a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

Dear John,

As a rule of thumb, as soon as it's paid for, it's liable to
become a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

Like a shark, the bicycle industry moves relentlessly
forward, if not onward and upward.

Excelsior!

Carl Fogel