WTB: 7 speed Shimano bar con shifters

bob e ruddy

Guest
I am resurrecting an older tandem and am looking for a pair of bar end
shifters to replace the down tube shifters. It is a seven speed SIS
system. Thanks if you can help!
Bob in PA
[email protected]

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:33:36 -0400, bob e ruddy <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I am resurrecting an older tandem and am looking for a pair of bar end
>shifters to replace the down tube shifters. It is a seven speed SIS
>system. Thanks if you can help!
>Bob in PA
>[email protected]

Nashbar has the 8 speed bar ends for $40. They will work for 7 speed.

Benny

"Benny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:33:36 -0400, bob e ruddy <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I am resurrecting an older tandem and am looking for a pair of bar end
> >shifters to replace the down tube shifters. It is a seven speed SIS
> >system. Thanks if you can help!
> >Bob in PA
> >[email protected]

> Nashbar has the 8 speed bar ends for $40. They will work for 7 speed.

If memory serves, the difference between the 7-speed and the 8-speed was
that plastic part that went on the inside of the lever. So any Shimano
shifters could word with the correct plastic part which your local bike shop
might have or be able to get.

I don't believe that the "new" 7-speed works with the original 7-speed but I
could easily be wrong.