WTB, BNE. Inexpensive, cheap brand MTB.......

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Robert S, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Robert S

    Robert S Guest

    Hi ppl

    WTB, BNE. Inexpensive, cheap brand MTB.......

    mano', this is sooooo embarrassing to post this here but someone may just have one

    --
    Kind Regards
    Robert Shaw

    robertbruceshaw andhotmailandcom

    Tags:

  2. Drs

    Drs Guest

    Robert S <[email protected]> wrote in message [email protected]
    > Hi ppl
    >
    > WTB, BNE. Inexpensive, cheap brand MTB.......
    >
    > mano', this is sooooo embarrassing to post this here but someone may just have one

    How cheap is cheap?

    http://www.bikes.com.au/enter.html?target=bicyclesmtb2004_haro.html

    --

    "I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two hours of bloody, barbarous torture in
    gloating detail is considered indicia of religious piety, whereas a mere second gazing upon a

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    maybe try the bicycle recyclers down on South Road in Moorabbin. Havent been there myself

    can anyone share info on this crowd?

  4. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    Is that new or used?

    Nearly every bike shop will have budget mtb's for sale.
    What is your budget?

    powinc's list of 2nd-hand dealers:
    http://www.thehippy.net/cycling/used_bike_dealers.asp

    BTW: What does "BNE" mean?

    hippy

  5. stucey

    stucey New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003

    I would assume BNE means Brissy?

    Therefore south rd is a bit out of the way.

  6. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "Robert S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi ppl
    >
    > WTB, BNE. Inexpensive, cheap brand MTB.......
    >
    > mano', this is sooooo embarrassing to post this here but someone may just have one
    >
    > --
    > Kind Regards Robert Shaw CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
    > is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
    > information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
    > not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
    > the original message.
    >
    > robertbruceshaw andhotmailandcom

    You say Cheap Brand... you dont say cheap bike.

    If you want cheap brand then you cant go past k-mart/bigw, Toys R us et al.

    If you want a cheap bike then second hand is definitely the way to go. You will get better quality
    for your money. Try EBAY and lookup BNE only. Also lookup yellow pages second hand cycle dealers.

    If you want extra cheap then go for one of the Cheap Brands second hand. Most likely wont work very
    well though.

  7. Robert S

    Robert S Guest

    Hi Ppl,

    Many thanks for replys

    Yes, BNE, is Brisbane or I hope so.... Melb is a bit far, specially being I was hoping to ride it
    home....lol...

    I was "hoping" to get a Huffy Red Rocket for about $70-80.....AAArrrrrrgggghhhhhhh, OMG, that
    admission hurt almost as much as my prolasped C7

    Yep - normally they won't last long, but like the "chopper" I had in the late seventys I won't get
    to use it much...

    --
    Kind Regards
    Robert Shaw
    "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    "Robert S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi ppl
    >
    > WTB, BNE. Inexpensive, cheap brand MTB.......
    >
    > mano', this is sooooo embarrassing to post this here but someone may just
    > have one
    >
    > --
    > Kind Regards
    > Robert Shaw
    > and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
    > message.
    >
    > robertbruceshaw andhotmailandcom

    You say Cheap Brand... you dont say cheap bike.

    If you want cheap brand then you cant go past k-mart/bigw, Toys R us et al.

    If you want a cheap bike then second hand is definitely the way to go. You
    will get better quality for your money. Try EBAY and lookup BNE only. Also
    lookup yellow pages second hand cycle dealers.

    If you want extra cheap then go for one of the Cheap Brands second hand.
    Most likely wont work very well though.

  8. John Doe

    John Doe Guest