WTB: Campagnolo Rally rear derailleur

Talk to a high-end bike shop that deals with Euro-Asia Imports. The
last time I was there (quite a while, I admit), EAI still had a couple
NOS Rally derailleurs on the shelf. Expect them to be expensive.
There's at least one on Ebay right now- also very expensive.

Jeff

Bruce W.1 wrote:
> Wanted to buy:
> Campagnolo Rally rear derailleur (circa 1980)
>
> Looks like this:
> http://frank.harvard.edu/~coldwell/bob_jackson/rally.jpg
>
> Send email to Bruce at [email protected]
> Remove the "REMOVE" from the email address.
>
> Thanks.

Never mind all.

I decided to take my bike gear upgrade one step at a time. I just
ordered a Shimano Megarange freewheel 13-34T. If I find that I need a
long cage derailleur then I will try again.

Thank you.

"Bruce W.1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wanted to buy:
> Campagnolo Rally rear derailleur (circa 1980)
>
> Looks like this:
> http://frank.harvard.edu/~coldwell/bob_jackson/rally.jpg
>
> Send email to Bruce at [email protected]
> Remove the "REMOVE" from the email address.
>
> Thanks

I don't think you will be pleased with the performance of this derailleur. I
had one on a Bob Jackson touring bike around 1978 and the shifting was terrible.
I may still have it but the fit of the parts is very sloppy compared to the rest
of the Campanolo line.

Neal

Neal wrote:

> I don't think you will be pleased with the performance of this derailleur. I
> had one on a Bob Jackson touring bike around 1978 and the shifting was terrible.
> I may still have it but the fit of the parts is very sloppy compared to the rest
> of the Campanolo line.
>
> Neal

Can you recommend a better long cage derailleur? I'd sort of like to
stay with Campy, but it wouldn't take much to convince me otherwise.

Thanks.

"Bruce W.1" <[email protected]> writes:

>Can you recommend a better long cage derailleur? I'd sort of like to
>stay with Campy, but it wouldn't take much to convince me otherwise.

Sure, Campagnolo Centaur 2004 model works pretty well. At least, some
people like i believe.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

"Bruce W.1" <[email protected]> writes:

>Neal wrote:
>>
>> I don't think you will be pleased with the performance of this [rally] derailleur.

>Can you recommend a better long cage derailleur? I'd sort of like to
>stay with Campy, but it wouldn't take much to convince me otherwise.

Sure, the Campagnolo Centaur derailleur works pretty well. Why not
try one of these modern wonders ?? They look a lot like the last
generation of the Campagnolo Rally / Euclid derailleurs.

- Don "Chorus 2003" Gillies
San Diego, CA

"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Bruce W.1" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>Can you recommend a better long cage derailleur? I'd sort of like to
>>stay with Campy, but it wouldn't take much to convince me otherwise.

> Sure, Campagnolo Centaur 2004 model works pretty well. At least, some
> people like i believe.

I agree that a Centaur, or even Veloce, are better than that Rally. In
fact, if you're using friction shifters, any $20 Shimano rear der will work
and outperform that Rally too.