WTB: Campy 9 sp rear derailleur (pre-2001)

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Steven Turgeon, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. Hey People,

    I'm looking to replace my busted Campy rear mech (pre-2001 9speed). Does
    anyone have one of these beasts lying around that they'd be willing to part
    with?

    Chorus prefered, but others considered. Please e-mail me back with details,
    asking price, shipping costs to Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), and payment
    method.

    Thanks!

    Steven

    --
    Dr Steven Turgeon
    Dept. of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences

    Tags:

  2. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:37:14 -0600, "Steven Turgeon"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hey People,
    >
    >I'm looking to replace my busted Campy rear mech (pre-2001 9speed). Does
    >anyone have one of these beasts lying around that they'd be willing to part
    >with?
    >
    >Chorus prefered, but others considered. Please e-mail me back with details,
    >asking price, shipping costs to Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), and payment
    >method.

    The 8sp ones work just as well and can accomodate larger cogs because
    the derailleur pulleys are a narrower diameter.

  3. Steven Turgeon wrote:
    > Hey People,
    >
    > I'm looking to replace my busted Campy rear mech (pre-2001 9speed). Does
    > anyone have one of these beasts lying around that they'd be willing to part
    > with?

    \NO NEED to be 'pre-2001' RD..any modern RD will work fine. I just put
    a 2006 Veloce mid cage 10s RD onto a gents 1996 Litespeed with 8s
    ERGO...wortks GREAT, to replace the Racing T that got crushed.