WTB: Cannondale HeadShok Upper Bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
[email protected] wrote:
> Must be new or like new condition.

Why not just buy a new one from your local Cannondale dealer. By the time that you've paid a
reasonable price and shipping, you'll probably be over what they'd charge?

David

"Mike DeMicco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > Must be new or like new condition.
>
> Bet you can go to a bearing supplier (e.g., King Bearing) who can match
you
> up with one.

Doubtful - they're pretty specific needle bearings, plus use of a non c-dale one will probably void
any warantee (and cannondale is VERY good about warantees). Go to a cannondale dealer, they'll order
one for you, or, knowing cannondale, they might have to send the fork back to them to get it
switched out.

Jon Bond

Jon Bond wrote:
> "Mike DeMicco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>[email protected] wrote in news:[email protected]:
>>
>>
>>>Must be new or like new condition.
>>
>>Bet you can go to a bearing supplier (e.g., King Bearing) who can match
>
> you
>
>>up with one.
>
>
> Doubtful - they're pretty specific needle bearings, plus use of a non c-dale one will probably
> void any warantee (and cannondale is VERY good about warantees). Go to a cannondale dealer,
> they'll order one for you, or, knowing cannondale, they might have to send the fork back to them
> to get it switched out.
>
> Jon Bond
>
>

I'm assuming that he means the steerer bearings, not the shock bearings. If he means the shock
bearings, CD is the only source that makes sense -- these are very specific and if they're damaged,
he'll also need the races which he can only get from CD.

The steerer bearings are just a pressed-in cartridge bearing with seals. I usually just tap them in
/ out with a pair of thin pieces of wood and a plastic mallet. He *might* find them at a bearing
place -- but I doubt that it'd be worth his time. I'd just go to a CD dealer -- unless he has a
problem with the dealer :).

David

Good looking bikes and the few I've rode were super but dame everything is over sized like a
fastfood chain.

Fire up MTB 03

Status
Not open for further replies.