WTB: Compact Crankset compatible with Ultegra BB

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by slartibartfast, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Looking for a compact crankset that is compatible with my existing Ultegra
    BB.

    Thanks
    Jason

    replay by email to:
    jasonbb at comcast dot net

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    __o

    Tags:

  2. Forgot to add 172.5mm length.

    Sorry
    Jason

    "slartibartfast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Looking for a compact crankset that is compatible with my existing Ultegra
    > BB.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jason
    >
    > replay by email to:
    > jasonbb at comcast dot net
    >
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > __o
    > _-\<,_ Jason Byrnes
    > (_)/ (_)
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. aotearoa706

    aotearoa706 Guest

    Jason,
    Currently compact cranks are only available in ISIS or square patterns.

    Shimano will release a 105 crankset for 2006 with 50/39 rings but this will
    be the new 2 piece style like current D/A and Ultegra. It won't be avaialble
    until October for OEM and probably February for aftermarket.
    So, unfortunately the only thing you can do is buy an ISIS bb and crankset.
    Or, you can use an old (pre 2002) XT or LX trekking crankset with 48/38t
    rings and remove the inside ring. But you would still have to buy a new BB
    to do this too because the mtb octalink BB's have a longer spline.

    I hope this helps you,
    Jason
    "slartibartfast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Looking for a compact crankset that is compatible with my existing Ultegra
    > BB.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jason
    >
    > replay by email to:
    > jasonbb at comcast dot net
    >
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > __o
    > _-\<,_ Jason Byrnes
    > (_)/ (_)
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. bfd

    bfd Guest

    "aotearoa706" <[email protected]_me-cox.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jason,
    > Currently compact cranks are only available in ISIS or square patterns.
    >
    > Shimano will release a 105 crankset for 2006 with 50/39 rings but this
    > will
    > be the new 2 piece style like current D/A and Ultegra. It won't be
    > avaialble
    > until October for OEM and probably February for aftermarket.
    > So, unfortunately the only thing you can do is buy an ISIS bb and
    > crankset.
    > Or, you can use an old (pre 2002) XT or LX trekking crankset with 48/38t
    > rings and remove the inside ring. But you would still have to buy a new BB
    > to do this too because the mtb octalink BB's have a longer spline.

    Huh? Both Ritchey and FSA make Octalink compatible 110bcd compact cranks :

    http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=CR3255

    http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=CR4121

    http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=CR4208