WTB (if available) Campy 10sp *24* spoke rear hub

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by -=- Jd -=-, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. -=- Jd -=-

    -=- Jd -=- Guest

    Long story short, I have an old (circa 1990-91) set of
    American Classic "Time Trial" wheels, built on Sun Mistral
    19mm tubulars, and the aforementioned American Classic hubs.
    My current bike is all Campy 10sp
    - I'd like to use these wheels for weekend racing. I've
    already glued a tire (Vittoria Corsa CX) to the front
    one and have already raced it a few times last summer
    (couple crits and a road race), seems to have held up
    fine. I'd like to glue the other tire onto the rear
    wheel and use it too - but I need to re-build it first
    with a hub that can do Campy 10. Operative weirdness
    here is 24, NOT 28 spokes. Does such a thing exist? ...
    and if so... what do ya'll think about durability? I'm
    150'ish weight wise when fit.

    Thanks...

    -=- jd -=-

    Tags:

  2. jim-<< but I need to re-build it first with a hub that can
    do Campy 10. Operative weirdness here is 24, NOT 28 spokes.
    Does such a thing exist?
    >><BR><BR>

    Not from Campagnolo, but perhaps King or Hugi BUT I would
    just get a 28h Record hub and find one of many 28h rims(like
    Velocity Escape).

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. American Classic makes a 24 hole hub with Campy
    compatibility.

    http://www.amclassic.com/Road_Hubs.html

    Not the cheapest hub out there but I hear they are nice.

    Mark

    -=- jd -=- wrote:
    > Long story short, I have an old (circa 1990-91) set of
    > American Classic "Time Trial" wheels, built on Sun Mistral
    > 19mm tubulars, and the aforementioned American Classic
    > hubs. My current bike is all Campy 10sp
    > - I'd like to use these wheels for weekend racing. I've
    > already glued a tire (Vittoria Corsa CX) to the front
    > one and have already raced it a few times last summer
    > (couple crits and a road race), seems to have held up
    > fine. I'd like to glue the other tire onto the rear
    > wheel and use it too - but I need to re-build it first
    > with a hub that can do Campy 10. Operative weirdness
    > here is 24, NOT 28 spokes. Does such a thing exist? ...
    > and if so... what do ya'll think about durability? I'm
    > 150'ish weight wise when fit.
    >
    > Thanks...
    >
    > -=- jd -=-

  4. American Classic makes a 24 hole hub with Campy

    -=- jd -=- wrote:
    > Long story short, I have an old (circa 1990-91) set of
    > American Classic "Time Trial" wheels, built on Sun Mistral
    > 19mm tubulars, and the aforementioned American Classic
    > hubs. My current bike is all Campy 10sp
    > - I'd like to use these wheels for weekend racing. I've
    > already glued a tire (Vittoria Corsa CX) to the front
    > one and have already raced it a few times last summer
    > (couple crits and a road race), seems to have held up
    > fine. I'd like to glue the other tire onto the rear
    > wheel and use it too - but I need to re-build it first
    > with a hub that can do Campy 10. Operative weirdness
    > here is 24, NOT 28 spokes. Does such a thing exist? ...
    > and if so... what do ya'll think about durability? I'm
    > 150'ish weight wise when fit.
    >
    > Thanks...

  5. American Classic makes a 24 hole hub with Campy