WTB Laserdisc Lite/American Classic Disc hubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonathan Bond

I've heard both really really good things and really really bad things about the American
Classic Disc hubs. WTB licensed their design (its pretty much an exact copy), and is selling
them for a lot less.

My main question is durability. I can't afford to have a hubset die on
me. I'm only 135lbs, probably won't get about 150lbs for a long time, so my weight really isn't too
much of an issue.

They are the new ones without the grease-port, they had a bunch of problems with those.

Any other suggestions of hubs around the same price range? (IE, about 375 built up with mavic 317s
or dt swiss disc rims and doublebutted dt swiss spokes)

Thanks!

Jon Bond

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
>I've heard both really really good things and really really bad things about the American Classic
>Disc hubs. WTB licensed their design (its pretty much an exact copy), and is selling them for a lot
>less. My main question is durability. I can't afford to have a hubset die on
>me. I'm only 135lbs, probably won't get about 150lbs for a long time, so my weight really isn't
> too much of an issue. They are the new ones without the grease-port, they had a bunch of
> problems with those. Any other suggestions of hubs around the same price range? (IE, about 375
> built up with mavic 317s or dt swiss disc rims and doublebutted dt swiss spokes)

If you can't afford to have a hub fail on you, get Shimano. They are cheaper, and usually
better too.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

Status
Not open for further replies.