WTB: Multi-strand luggage straps / Bassano saddle (Halfords)

Pete Biggs

Guest
These straps are the ones Halfords sold a while ago - with four flat bands each containing several
strands of elastic; steel hooks and plastic hook retainers.

If you have one/any to sell, please email [email protected] describing length, condition, colour and price
required. (I'm prepared to pay at least what they cost new + postage if in reasonable condition).

Also wanted: Bassano Comfort Gel saddle as previously sold by Halfords, in any useable condition.

Alternatively, please let me know if any shop in the London area has any of these items.

thanks ~PB

> These straps are the ones Halfords sold a while ago - with four flat bands each containing several
> strands of elastic; steel hooks and plastic hook retainers.

Try asking at Halfords - I bought one today in Stratford upon Avon (but they did only have one, and
it is a hideous purple) for £1.99. (sorry, despite the colour I don't want to sell it!)

RG

> If you have one/any to sell, please email [email protected] describing length, condition, colour and
> price required. (I'm prepared to pay at least what they cost new + postage if in reasonable
> condition).
>
> Also wanted: Bassano Comfort Gel saddle as previously sold by Halfords, in any useable condition.
>
> Alternatively, please let me know if any shop in the London area has any of these items.
>
> thanks ~PB

> Alternatively, please let me know if any shop in the London area has any of these items.
>
> thanks ~PB

The straps sound a little like the ones I have - mine have only two multi-strand straps and the
hooks attach where a rear rack's stuts meet just above drop-out braze-ons. They've been great so you
can't have them but I can recommend them. They're made by Blackburn and I got them in Evans,
Waterloo a few years ago. Probably not the cheapest option but they've lasted and still function.

tony R.

RG wrote:

>> These straps are the ones Halfords sold a while ago - with four flat bands each containing
>> several strands of elastic; steel hooks and plastic hook retainers.
>
> Try asking at Halfords

My local branches don't have any left, but perhaps I should ask them to order some. I much prefer
them to ordinary bungies for my seatpost rack and the one I have is worn out (elastic "gone")
after much use.

> - I bought one today in Stratford upon Avon (but they did only have one, and it is a hideous
> purple) for £1.99. (sorry, despite the colour I don't want to sell it!)

Grrrrrr! ;-)

And thanks Tony - I'll have a look at the Blackburn ones.

~PB

> These straps are the ones Halfords sold a while ago - with four flat bands each containing several
> strands of elastic; steel hooks and plastic hook retainers.
>
> If you have one/any to sell, please email [email protected] describing length, condition, colour and
> price required. (I'm prepared to pay at least what they cost new + postage if in reasonable
> condition).
>
> Also wanted: Bassano Comfort Gel saddle as previously sold by Halfords, in any useable condition.
>
> Alternatively, please let me know if any shop in the London area has any of these items.
>
> thanks ~PB

In case you hadn't gathered yet I work in halfords and we have one left of the purple one if you
live in the west wiltshire area trowbridge store have
it.

Cheers Michael