WTB: Park Repair Stand Base

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Dick, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Dick

    Dick Guest

    I am converting my bench mount PRS4 to a PRS3 and am looking for the Park steel base plate, part
    number 130. Due to the weight, I am only interested in plates in Ohio that I could pick up. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. "Dick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am converting my bench mount PRS4 to a PRS3 and am looking for the Park steel base plate, part
    > number 130. Due to the weight, I am only
    interested
    > in plates in Ohio that I could pick up.

    FWIW, I bought a stand a couple of years ago that had a similar set-up, but the guy used a solid-
    core door for the base, cut to about four feet long. Very stable, very heavy (but almost certainly
    not as heavy as the Park plate) certainly cheaper and easier to find.

    HTH,

    -jb

    --
    John Bigboote Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems "The Future Begins Tomorrow"

  3. On 2004-02-18, Dick <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am converting my bench mount PRS4 to a PRS3 and am looking for the Park steel base plate, part
    > number 130. Due to the weight, I am only interested in plates in Ohio that I could pick up.

    Why not just head down to a metal supplier and buy a steel plate about 24"x24"x0.5" drill some holes
    and mount it on there?

    If you want to get elegant, rattle-can it flat black first.

    --

    -John ([email protected])