WTB RANS 20" Rear Fenders

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dennis Pedrick, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. I need two, 20" rear RANS fenders for a tadpole trike. RANS will only sell them as front/rear sets.
    Prefer new.

    contact: Dennis Pedrick, [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Jackal

    Jackal Guest

    [email protected] (Dennis Pedrick) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I need two, 20" rear RANS fenders for a tadpole trike. RANS will only sell them as front/rear
    > sets. Prefer new.
    >
    > contact: Dennis Pedrick, [email protected]

    A 20/20 set wouldn't work? (fender newbie) Fronts mount differently? (guessing)

  3. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    Jackal <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > [email protected] (Dennis Pedrick) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> I need two, 20" rear RANS fenders for a tadpole trike. RANS will only sell them as front/rear
    >> sets. Prefer new.
    >>
    >> contact: Dennis Pedrick, [email protected]
    >>

    > A 20/20 set wouldn't work? (fender newbie) Fronts mount differently? (guessing)

    If they don't HAVE to be Rans, PlanetBike sells individual fenders. Might buy some myself.
    http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html

    rorschandt

  4. Tadpole 20/20 Front fenders....why not use Optima polycarbonate fenders, they have this
    semi-enclosed section that covers the spokes. Check them out under Optima Accessories at
    http://www.triketrails.com
    "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jackal <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > [email protected] (Dennis Pedrick) wrote in
    > > news:[email protected]:
    > >
    > >> I need two, 20" rear RANS fenders for a tadpole trike. RANS will only sell them as front/rear
    > >> sets. Prefer new.
    > >>
    > >> contact: Dennis Pedrick, [email protected]
    > >>

    > > A 20/20 set wouldn't work? (fender newbie) Fronts mount differently? (guessing)
    > >

    > If they don't HAVE to be Rans, PlanetBike sells individual fenders. Might buy some myself.
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > rorschandt

  5. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  6. Don't know...I was going to call Anna Lee @ Triketrails today anyway so I'll ask her. I don't use
    fenders myself but when I first saw the Optima fenders all I could think of was Novosport. Seems
    some of Optima accessories are made for them by Novosport (not sure bout the fenders though). The
    only reason btw I don't like fenders is that it makes it harder to pull on the front wheels to move
    the tadpole back from 5 feet into the intersection you just slid into.
    "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > http://www.triketrails.com
    > >

    > Very kewl! I've wanted to make some that look nearly identical. Do they cover the outside of the
    > wheel as well? Like pods?
    >
    > rorschandt

  7. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Don't know...I was going to call Anna Lee @ Triketrails today anyway so I'll ask her. I don't use
    > fenders myself but when I first saw the Optima fenders all I could think of was Novosport. Seems
    > some of Optima accessories are made for them by Novosport (not sure bout the fenders though). The
    > only reason btw I don't like fenders is that it makes it harder to pull on the front wheels to
    > move the tadpole back from 5 feet into the intersection you just slid into.

    Not that I would likely slide into an intersection, but good point. I often have to back up using my
    hands on the wheels because my trike's turning radius is too big. New trike in the works should take
    care of that!

    rorschandt

  8. Talked to Anna Lee and the fenders cover the spokes ONLY on the inside...which kinda makes sense
    since they are designed to keep the pilot protected. -----------------and No they are not a
    Novosport product---------------------------------- "rorschandt" <[email protected]>