WTB: road frame, 55cm, prefer perth

till!

Nov 19, 2004
Hi,

I had a frame I was going to build up, and its about an 1" too small for me, although will do in a pinch. Instead, does anyone have anything that would meet the criteria for sale?

55cm frame, im not unusually freakish in leg or arm length, please provide as full measurements as possible
Steel: prefer 853, will consider alternatives
suit 1" fork (preferably)

Must be in good nick, no crash jobs. I have at my disposal currently a fairly complete groupset and 1" forks.

Ta,

till (tillguard at yahoo dot com for replies)

Oh yeah,

Im away for Jan, so if you get anything nice for xmas, and want to sell me your old frame, Im just waiting =)

till

till! said:
Hi,

I had a frame I was going to build up, and its about an 1" too small for me, although will do in a pinch. Instead, does anyone have anything that would meet the criteria for sale?

55cm frame, im not unusually freakish in leg or arm length, please provide as full measurements as possible
Steel: prefer 853, will consider alternatives
suit 1" fork (preferably)

Must be in good nick, no crash jobs. I have at my disposal currently a fairly complete groupset and 1" forks.

Ta,

till (tillguard at yahoo dot com for replies)

Till,

I suspect you are looking for a 'quality' frame. However, if you are looking for a bargain, have you had a look at the police auctions. Often over 100 bikes. Usually low end or ancient, but there may be a treasure in there one day or you might find a cheap but OK frame that can host your components while you wait for a good frame to turn up.

In Perth, Broughtons were the auctioneers. You could get on the auctioneer's email list and they would send you a list of bikes to be auctioned. They have now changed to Ross's Auctions http://www.rossauction.com.au/

You can still subscribe and they will email the auction catalogue to you. The next auction is 2 Feb and you can lodge absentee bids.

I've been to a few viewings but never been excited enough to go to the auction proper to bid. But one day....

SteveA

SteveA said:
Till,

I suspect you are looking for a 'quality' frame. However, if you are looking for a bargain, have you had a look at the police auctions. Often over 100 bikes. Usually low end or ancient, but there may be a treasure in there one day or you might find a cheap but OK frame that can host your components while you wait for a good frame to turn up.

Ill add that to the list of sources!

Ta,

till