WTB Rocket & Laser (and Rocket V Laser) Saddles?

Aztec

Jul 8, 2003
WTB saddles seem a mountain bike-ish for a road bike. But I am pretty much willing to try anything to get comfort after 2 hours. Yes, my fit is correct.

Has anyone tried either the Rocket, Laser, or Rocker V Laser? If so, did you find it more comfortable than the usual road saddles (i.e., Flite, Specialized BG Pro, various Fizik's, etc)?

I'm about to start riding in the aero position, and am not looking forward to trying to get comfy in that! I'm going straight to the tri saddles like the Azoto, etc.

Saddle discomfort is driving me nuts! It's mostly in the rear, btw, not numbness up front. I'm 5-10", 160 lbs, so it's not as if I'm tubby either. Grrrrrrrr.

Originally posted by Aztec
WTB saddles seem a mountain bike-ish for a road bike. But I am pretty much willing to try anything to get comfort after 2 hours. Yes, my fit is correct.

Has anyone tried either the Rocket, Laser, or Rocker V Laser? If so, did you find it more comfortable than the usual road saddles (i.e., Flite, Specialized BG Pro, various Fizik's, etc)?

I'm about to start riding in the aero position, and am not looking forward to trying to get comfy in that! I'm going straight to the tri saddles like the Azoto, etc.

Saddle discomfort is driving me nuts! It's mostly in the rear, btw, not numbness up front. I'm 5-10", 160 lbs, so it's not as if I'm tubby either. Grrrrrrrr.

This is apples to oranges, but I have a Rocket V on my MTb, and I find it the best seat I've ever used on THAT bike.

The position would be compleely different on your road bike, I suppose I could pop her on the pinarello and let you know if the padding is in the right place...

Dave

I use a Rocket V on both my XC and road bikes.
I've never used Flite, Specialized BG Pro or various Fizik's but I do find the rocket very comfortable.

Brian