WTB: spacer for Cosmos rear hub

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by R J Peterson, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. R J Peterson

    R J Peterson Guest

    I'm looking for the little spacer ring that goes on the cassette body before the cassette is slipped
    on. I got some wheels with a 9 speed cassette and the spacer is too thin for my 8 speed. (Or am I
    missing something?)

    Will something else do?

    Tags:

  2. Bluenose

    Bluenose Guest

    Hi,

    I have these very same wheels. I was having some trouble with the gears slipping all the
    time. I bought them with the spacer missing which my LBS replaced with a normal metal spacer
    without success.

    I decided to go to a store that specifically sold Mavic wheels and I was told that you must have the
    "Mavic" specific spacer otherwise you'll have problems. ie they won't work correctly. It cost me
    AUS$10.00 but I've not had any trouble since.

    Hope this helps.

    R J Peterson wrote:

    > I'm looking for the little spacer ring that goes on the cassette body before the cassette is
    > slipped on. I got some wheels with a 9 speed cassette and the spacer is too thin for my 8 speed.
    > (Or am I missing something?)
    >
    > Will something else do?

  3. rjonp-<< I got some wheels with a 9 speed cassette and the spacer is too thin for my 8 speed. (Or am
    I missing something?) >><BR><BR>

    Try a shimano 9s spacer, onto the freehub first. These freehubs are taller to accomodate a Mavic
    cogset for Campagnolo