WTB: spacer for Cosmos rear hub

R J Peterson

Guest
I'm looking for the little spacer ring that goes on the cassette body before the cassette is slipped
on. I got some wheels with a 9 speed cassette and the spacer is too thin for my 8 speed. (Or am I
missing something?)

Will something else do?

Hi,

I have these very same wheels. I was having some trouble with the gears slipping all the
time. I bought them with the spacer missing which my LBS replaced with a normal metal spacer
without success.

I decided to go to a store that specifically sold Mavic wheels and I was told that you must have the
"Mavic" specific spacer otherwise you'll have problems. ie they won't work correctly. It cost me
AUS$10.00 but I've not had any trouble since.

Hope this helps.

R J Peterson wrote:

> I'm looking for the little spacer ring that goes on the cassette body before the cassette is
> slipped on. I got some wheels with a 9 speed cassette and the spacer is too thin for my 8 speed.
> (Or am I missing something?)
>
> Will something else do?

rjonp-<< I got some wheels with a 9 speed cassette and the spacer is too thin for my 8 speed. (Or am
I missing something?) >><BR><BR>

Try a shimano 9s spacer, onto the freehub first. These freehubs are taller to accomodate a Mavic
cogset for Campagnolo