WTB: SPD Sandals and spd/platform pedals

Paul Dalen

Guest
size 11.5 for the sandals.

I'd also like to find a pair of pedals with SPD on one side and a platform or cage on the other.
Nashbar has a pair of these for $26, so I'd like to keep the price well under that.

I have an extra pair of genuine Shimano PD-M323 (1 side clipless/1 side steel platform), with a brand new set of "multi-release" cleats. They were significantly more expensive than the Nashbar, but I'd sell them for $25 + shipping.

Let me know,
R2

Originally posted by Paul Dalen
size 11.5 for the sandals.

I'd also like to find a pair of pedals with SPD on one side and a platform or cage on the other.
Nashbar has a pair of these for $26, so I'd like to keep the price well under that.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Email me at [email protected].

R2D2 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Paul Dalen wrote:
> > size 11.5 for the sandals. I'd also like to find a pair of pedals with SPD on one side and a
> > platform or cage on the other. Nashbar has a pair of these for $26, so I'd like to keep the
> > price well under that.
>
> I have an extra pair of genuine Shimano PD-M323 (1 side clipless/1 side steel platform), with a
> brand new set of "multi-release" cleats. They were significantly more expensive than the Nashbar,
> but I'd sell them for $25 + shipping.
>
> Let me know, R2

[email protected] (Paul Dalen) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> size 11.5 for the sandals.
>
> I'd also like to find a pair of pedals with SPD on one side and a platform or cage on the other.
> Nashbar has a pair of these for $26, so I'd like to keep the price well under that.

My 2cents. I use sandals and like them but do not like the 323 pedals. I guess I'm strickly a full
cage platform spd kinda guy. The reason I don't like the non platform side of the 323 is that the
sandals are not as rigid as some bike shoes. I can feel the cleat area pushing up through the sandal
which causes hot foot and toe numbness big time. I personally find the 525 shimano pedals more comfy
on long rides.

Bill,

One thing I've found that helps with the old "Riding on Walnuts" problem is to buy some soft caulk at the hardware store (don't get stuff with too much silicone - it gets too hard). You want some that stays pliant.

Now lift up the insole in your SPUDS and fill in the depressions around the cleat mounting plate, smoothing it out level. Let it dry and voila! Relief.

This may not solve your problem with the sandals, but it sure will help.

R2

R2D2 wrote:

> I have an extra pair of genuine Shimano PD-M323 (1 side clipless/1 side steel platform), with a
> brand new set of "multi-release" cleats. They were significantly more expensive than the Nashbar,
> but I'd sell them for $25 + shipping....

I have found Shimano SPuD cleats to work significantly better with Shimano 323, 324, and 515 pedals
than with any non-Shimano SPuD clone pedals I have tried.

Thanks for the good info Tom, as I haven't had any experience with cleats other than Shimano, on Shimano pedals. Conversely, I always wondered how Shimano cleats would work with other brands of pedals.

BTW Paul, the cleats I mentioned are the Shimano SM-SH55 Multi-Release cleats (they are the silver ones). They will release from any angle. My LBS wants $24.00 for a pair! Ouch.

R2

Originally posted by Tom Sherman
R2D2 wrote:

> I have an extra pair of genuine Shimano PD-M323 (1 side clipless/1 side steel platform), with a
> brand new set of "multi-release" cleats. They were significantly more expensive than the Nashbar,
> but I'd sell them for $25 + shipping....

I have found Shimano SPuD cleats to work significantly better with Shimano 323, 324, and 515 pedals
than with any non-Shimano SPuD clone pedals I have tried.

"R2D2" skrev...
> BTW Paul, the cleats I mentioned are the Shimano SM-SH55 Multi-Release cleats (they are the silver
> ones). They will release from any angle. My LBS wants $24.00 for a pair! Ouch.

I'd stick with singlerelease cleats. More than once I experienced accidental releases with the
multirelease when accelerating and pulling hard on the pedals.

Mikael

R2D2 <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Tom Sherman wrote:
> > R2D2 wrote:
> > >
> > > I have an extra pair of genuine Shimano PD-M323 (1 side clipless/1 side steel platform), with
> > > a brand new set of "multi-release" cleats. They were significantly more expensive than the
> > > Nashbar, but I'd sell them for $25 + shipping....
> > I have found Shimano SPuD cleats to work significantly better with Shimano 323, 324, and 515
> > pedals than with any non-Shimano SPuD clone pedals I have tried. Tom Sherman - Various HPV's
> > Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
>
> Thanks for the good info Tom, as I haven't had any experience with cleats other than Shimano,
> on Shimano pedals. Conversely, I always wondered how Shimano cleats would work with other
> brands of pedals.
>
> BTW Paul, the cleats I mentioned are the Shimano SM-SH55 Multi-Release cleats (they are the silver
> ones). They will release from any angle. My LBS wants $24.00 for a pair! Ouch.
>
> R2

FWIW, I never had ANY trouble with SPD cleats and my Wellgo pedals.

"MLB" skrev

> FWIW, I never had ANY trouble with SPD cleats and my Wellgo pedals.

Good for you. Mine were incompatible enough to make release a very tricky proposition if I used
Simano cleats on my Wellgo's and vice versa. The rear part of the cleats were different enough to
cause trouble it seems.

Mikael

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "MLB" skrev
>
>> FWIW, I never had ANY trouble with SPD cleats and my Wellgo pedals.
>
> Good for you. Mine were incompatible enough to make release a very tricky proposition if I used
> Simano cleats on my Wellgo's and vice versa. The rear part of the cleats were different enough to
> cause trouble it seems.
>
> Mikael

Mine came out slick as a whistle. I did keep them lubed as recommended.

Your LBS is a rat. The SH-55s retail for about $15 and sometimes show upon PricePoint for $10 or 11.

--
news:[email protected]...