I can¹t recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
steep at retail.
Thanks.
Andrew.

In article <C2C2496D.1A945%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I can¹t recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
> spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
> from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
> part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
> steep at retail.
> Thanks.
> Andrew.

The Park Tool spoke tension meter is about $60 from the various online
bike parts places.

newsgroups if possible).

On 2007-07-17, AWN <[email protected]> wrote:

> I can¹t recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
> spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
> from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
> part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
> steep at retail.

Unless you're intending to build a whole lot of wheels on a
regular basis there's really no reason to invest in a tensiometer. My
experience with them is that they tend to go out of calibration very
easily and can be too much of a hassle to maintain unless you have a
really compelling reason to keep using one.

--

John ([email protected])

Park makes a decent one and they aren't overly priced
Dave

news:[email protected]...

On Jul 17, 8:24 am, AWN <[email protected]> wrote:
> I can¹t recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
> spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
> from using this, I would be interested in hearing what you might want to
> part with it. Does anyone manuf one for less than $100-$400? They seem
> steep at retail.
> Thanks.
> Andrew.

Park makes a good, not expensive one..great for the home builder.
Great idea, IMO. Along with a decent spoke wrench, dish tool and stiff
truing stand.

I appreciate the feedback. I have quality tools otherwise but have always
thought a tension meter may make things easier and safer. I know there are
many thoughts on this. My truing stand is as stiff as they come - cast
iron.
Thanks,
Andrew.

in article [email protected], Qui si
parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com at [email protected] wrote on 7/19/07
8:35 AM:

On Jul 20, 8:45 pm, AWN <[email protected]> wrote:
> I appreciate the feedback. I have quality tools otherwise but have always
> thought a tension meter may make things easier and safer. I know there are
> many thoughts on this.

Well, I have been bulding wheels for over 20 years and after 3000+
wheels, I still use a tension-meter on all the wheels I build. Great
tool for anybody that wishes to do this last small 'artisian' thing
found in cycling(the only other one frame building, IMO).