WTB: Susp Fork to fit 1" headtube

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Osc, Mar 14, 2003.

  1. Osc

    Osc Guest

    Looking for a suspension fork to fit my Bontrager's 1" headtube.

    My Judy XCs are toast

    New or Used.

    Osc

    Tags:

  2. chloeissac-<< Looking for a suspension fork to fit my Bontrager's 1" headtube.

    marzzoci makes one, not high end, spring/bumper-heavy but one inch-

  3. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Osc wrote:

    > Looking for a suspension fork to fit my Bontrager's 1" headtube.
    >
    > My Judy XCs are toast

    What's toast about them?

    > New or Used.

    ebay --tons of 'em, cheap.

    You could replace the whole fork, but why not just find a donor for the parts you need -- lower legs
    with fresh bushings, a new cartridge, new bumpers and/or springs, etc. That way you don't actually
    need to find a 1" fork for a replacement. Chances are your stanchion tubes can be replaced too,
    since most of those old Judy XCs had the pinch bolt crowns. If you have a black Bontrager crown, you
    might want to keep it anyway -- the short offset it provides is the secret to Bontrager's stable but
    nimble handling.

    Matt O.

  4. Osc

    Osc Guest