WTD: Hamilton 2003 Worlds on video

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steven L. Sheff

Can I convince one of our illustrious Canadian members of RBR to please, please, please videotape
the television coverage of the race for me?

I'm more than happy to pay for the videocassette and postage.

--
Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum
pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti
ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you double-yew double-ewe
dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> writes:

> Can I convince one of our illustrious Canadian members of RBR to please, please, please videotape
> the television coverage of the race for me?
>
> I'm more than happy to pay for the videocassette and postage.
>
> --
> Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee
> why you ti ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
> double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash
>

The Saturday and Sunday events?

You got 'em

I got the mens TT and yesterdays RR too, but honestly, they are not worth the postage.

But let me know within the next 2 hours if you want those too because otherwise I'm gonna tape over
them when the women go at noon

Let me know ASAP PLZ

--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

BTW, I presume you want the English language broadcast?

CBC put out in both French and English because Kanada is (officially anyway) bilingual.

And BTW, Davey never checks the rogerz mailbox so PLZ reply in here
--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

On 10/11/2003 08:38 AM, in article
87vfqvx2ik.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com, "Davey Crockett"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> BTW, I presume you want the English language broadcast?
>
> CBC put out in both French and English because Kanada is (officially anyway) bilingual.
>
> And BTW, Davey never checks the rogerz mailbox so PLZ reply in here

Now that I've already e-mailed the rogers mailbox ...

Elite Men and Elite Women only is fine ... And yes, English language broadcast. I read French much
better than I can understand the spoken language.

--
Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum
pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti
ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you double-yew double-ewe
dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Start your '03-'04 winter training with an 8-day week of 460 miles (50 miles/day, with one
110 miler).

Currently in planning:

December 26 - January 3, Death Valley. A wonderful place to ride, lots of gently rolling terrain on
the Valley floor, with some 1,000-2,000' popper climbs and also "sky is the limit" ("temperature is
the limit?") climbing. Artist's Palette, Mud Canyon, Dante's View, Scotty's Castle, Badwater
(-280'), Dante's View (5,475'). Hiking possibilities.

Sarah Auker will be cooking - the food will be great. She has cooked for many Super Tours, of which
this is an offshoot. Breakfasts, light lunch, hearty dinners.

$300, which doesn't include special riding food, showers, misc.

We'll be camping at Furnace Creek, likely for the entire week, so there will be only one set up/tear
down. Nearby pool, store, museums (with nightly programs). Likely warm enough for riding in shorts,
but can freeze at night. Lots of stars!

Think about giving yourself that well-deserved break from riding fendered fixed gear on wet streets,
and log in some sunny miles in Death Valley - a unique scenic area, where you can ride below sea
level viewing Telescope Peak (11,049').

More info forthcoming - let me know if you're interested...we've capacity for about 40 riders!

Thanks for reading, David

David Auker wrote:

> Start your '03-'04 winter training with an 8-day week of 460 miles (50 miles/day, with one
> 110 miler).
>
> Currently in planning:
>
> December 26 - January 3, Death Valley. A wonderful place to ride, lots of gently rolling terrain
> on the Valley floor, with some 1,000-2,000' popper climbs and also "sky is the limit"
> ("temperature is the limit?") climbing. Artist's Palette, Mud Canyon, Dante's View, Scotty's
> Castle, Badwater (-280'), Dante's View (5,475'). Hiking possibilities.
>
> Sarah Auker will be cooking - the food will be great. She has cooked for many Super Tours, of
> which this is an offshoot. Breakfasts, light lunch, hearty dinners.
>
> $300, which doesn't include special riding food, showers, misc.
>
> We'll be camping at Furnace Creek, likely for the entire week, so there will be only one set
> up/tear down. Nearby pool, store, museums (with nightly programs). Likely warm enough for riding
> in shorts, but can freeze at night. Lots of stars!
>
> Think about giving yourself that well-deserved break from riding fendered fixed gear on wet
> streets, and log in some sunny miles in Death Valley - a unique scenic area, where you can ride
> below sea level viewing Telescope Peak (11,049').
>
> More info forthcoming - let me know if you're interested...we've capacity for about 40 riders!
>
> Thanks for reading, David
>
>

Camp there over Thanksgiving and typically ride. Awesome rides until you get a bit south of Furnace
Creek, where the road gets a bit bumpy, for the next 70 or so miles. Great elsewhere tho :)

Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
> I got the mens TT and yesterdays RR too, but honestly, they are not worth the postage.

The CBC did not exactly do a bang up job on the TV coverage, IMHO. The bastards didn't even go live
on the men's RR until 5 hours into it, and they didn't do a very good job of timing the commercials
to leave a good flow to the race.

Duffield has his critics but on the whole I am very envious of people that could watch it on
Eurosport.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

The new handheld LCD screen TVs and very nice to have for stuff like this.

In article <[email protected]>, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I got the mens TT and yesterdays RR too, but honestly, they are not worth the postage.
>
> The CBC did not exactly do a bang up job on the TV coverage, IMHO. The bastards didn't even go
> live on the men's RR until 5 hours into it, and they didn't do a very good job of timing the
> commercials to leave a good flow to the race.
>
> Duffield has his critics but on the whole I am very envious of people that could watch it on
> Eurosport.
>
> Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>
> The new handheld LCD screen TVs and very nice to have for stuff like this.

The camera work was great, we had live coverage all weekend, but most of us who watched all agreed;
The commentators were utter morons. I'd take david duffield over those clowns any day. As for not
going live until the middle of the road race, the first few laps are always pretty slow, except
that's when they had all the big crashes.

By the way, what exactly was poor Oscar Sevilla's injury? He was up but limping- not a happy
camper, for sure.

Marlene Blanshay wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I got the mens TT and yesterdays RR too, but honestly, they are not worth the postage.
>>
>>The CBC did not exactly do a bang up job on the TV coverage, IMHO. The bastards didn't even go
>>live on the men's RR until 5 hours into it, and they didn't do a very good job of timing the
>>commercials to leave a good flow to the race.
>>
>>Duffield has his critics but on the whole I am very envious of people that could watch it on
>>Eurosport.
>>
>>Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>>
>>The new handheld LCD screen TVs and very nice to have for stuff like this.
>
>
> The camera work was great, we had live coverage all weekend, but most of us who watched all
> agreed; The commentators were utter morons. I'd take david duffield over those clowns any day. As
> for not going live until the middle of the road race, the first few laps are always pretty slow,
> except that's when they had all the big crashes.
>
> By the way, what exactly was poor Oscar Sevilla's injury? He was up but limping- not a happy
> camper, for sure.

Was it Sevilla that went down coming around the corner at the end of the first climb...towards the
end of the race? I was at the start finish line, and although the big-screen played the crash over
and over again, they didn't seem to say who it was. Seemed that he climbed back on the bike in a big
hurry though.

Steve

Stephen Niece <[email protected]> writes:

> Marlene Blanshay wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I got the mens TT and yesterdays RR too, but honestly, they are not worth the postage.
>>>
>>>The CBC did not exactly do a bang up job on the TV coverage, IMHO. The bastards didn't even go
>>>live on the men's RR until 5 hours into it, and they didn't do a very good job of timing the
>>>commercials to leave a good flow to the race.
>>>
>>>Duffield has his critics but on the whole I am very envious of people that could watch it on
>>>Eurosport.
>>>
>>>Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>>>
>>>The new handheld LCD screen TVs and very nice to have for stuff like this.
>> The camera work was great, we had live coverage all weekend, but most of us who watched all
>> agreed; The commentators were utter morons. I'd take david duffield over those clowns any day. As
>> for not going live until the middle of the road race, the first few laps are always pretty slow,
>> except that's when they had all the big crashes. By the way, what exactly was poor Oscar
>> Sevilla's injury? He was up but limping- not a happy camper, for sure.
>
> Was it Sevilla that went down coming around the corner at the end of the first climb...towards the
> end of the race? I was at the start

Camenzind

--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

Actually, if I read the 'Who Crashed' thread correctly, Camenzind went down in the final corner
coming to the finish (didn't even see that one, by that point, I was lucky to see anything). There
was a Spanish rider however, that went down at the turn from the top of the Beckett drive climb,
onto Fennell Avenue. Anyone know who THAT was?

Steve

Davey Crockett wrote:
> Stephen Niece <[email protected]> writes:
>
>
>>Marlene Blanshay wrote:
>>
>>>In article <[email protected]>, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>I got the mens TT and yesterdays RR too, but honestly, they are not worth the postage.
>>>>
>>>>The CBC did not exactly do a bang up job on the TV coverage, IMHO. The bastards didn't even go
>>>>live on the men's RR until 5 hours into it, and they didn't do a very good job of timing the
>>>>commercials to leave a good flow to the race.
>>>>
>>>>Duffield has his critics but on the whole I am very envious of people that could watch it on
>>>>Eurosport.
>>>>
>>>>Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>>>>
>>>>The new handheld LCD screen TVs and very nice to have for stuff like this.
>>>
>>>The camera work was great, we had live coverage all weekend, but most of us who watched all
>>>agreed; The commentators were utter morons. I'd take david duffield over those clowns any day. As
>>>for not going live until the middle of the road race, the first few laps are always pretty slow,
>>>except that's when they had all the big crashes. By the way, what exactly was poor Oscar
>>>Sevilla's injury? He was up but limping- not a happy camper, for sure.
>>
>>Was it Sevilla that went down coming around the corner at the end of the first climb...towards the
>>end of the race? I was at the start
>
>
> Camenzind

Stephen Niece wrote:

> Actually, if I read the 'Who Crashed' thread correctly, Camenzind went down in the final corner
> coming to the finish (didn't even see that one, by that point, I was lucky to see anything). There
> was a Spanish rider however, that went down at the turn from the top of the Beckett drive climb,
> onto Fennell Avenue. Anyone know who THAT was?
>
>
I seem to recall that cyclingnews may have had Astarloa on the deck at the top of one of the climbs.

ahh here we go...
14:45 EDT 224 km/34 km to go Bettini sees he's done some damage, looks round, and attacks again.
Boogerd goes with him and Van Petegem is also there. It's not caused a break though.

Astarloa crashes at the top of the climb! Somehow he slid out on the corner. He's back on the bike,
having lost 100 places. Peloton is in one long line.

link: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worlds03/?id=emrlive

Status
Not open for further replies.