rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

Wtd. Look Aero Seat Post

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 5 posts · 399 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
9 January 2007
Last activity
11 January 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
399
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a Look monocoque TT frame (5-6 yrs. old) that needs an aero seat
    post. The seat post is not circular but very aero.

    Any advice or help would be great.
    Colin

  2. do a search on Corima carbon seatpost.

    I used to have them on my bike, I could dig around the basement to
    check if I still have them.

    Quoted message said:

    I have a Look monocoque TT frame (5-6 yrs. old) that needs an aero seat
    post. The seat post is not circular but very aero.

    Any advice or help would be great.
    Colin

  3. cat0020 said:

    do a search on Corima carbon seatpost.

    I used to have them on my bike, I could dig around the basement to
    check if I still have them.

    Quoted message said:

    I have a Look monocoque TT frame (5-6 yrs. old) that needs an aero seat
    post. The seat post is not circular but very aero.

    Any advice or help would be great.
    Colin

  4. cat0020 said:

    do a search on Corima carbon seatpost.

    I used to have them on my bike, I could dig around the basement to
    check if I still have them.

    Quoted message said:

    I have a Look monocoque TT frame (5-6 yrs. old) that needs an aero seat
    post. The seat post is not circular but very aero.

    Any advice or help would be great.
    Colin

    Hi
    Thank you for your response. The post I need is not a standard shape.
    It is probably specific to Look frames only. The part of the post that
    inserts into the bike is bladed.
    If your post sounds similar I would love a pic. Or I can send you a pic
    of the bike.

    Sincerely
    Colin

  5. Hello Colin,
    I know LOOK used 25.0mm diameter seatpost on their older carbon frames.

    I sed to have a LOOK KG196 and a KG171, they both have seattube that
    accept 25.0mm diameter seatpost.

    The Corima aero seatpost come with different size plastic shims that
    make the seatpost incertable to seattubes that accept 25.0mm and 27.2mm
    seatposts, I even used aluminum shims to make the Corima aero seapost
    to fit into my Ibis frame that accept 28.6mm diameter seatpost.

    When I find the Corima Aero seatpost in my basement I'll shoot over a
    picture.

    Theo

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.