WTF? 31 year old Cat.4 relocating to find a team?

Fab5freddy

Guest
Read this cyclists diary and tell me when ASPIRING cat. 3's started to relocate to find a club:
http://www.cycledisciple.com/Coverage/RiderDiaries/Dave2.htm

What's up with that picture? Is he an underwear model or something?

In one entry he's all shocked that his team of. 4's and 5's can't find a sponsor, they get such
good results.

Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play with, or
a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?

"Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play with,
> or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?

You've never heard of kids living with relatives or friends just so they can play sports for a
specific high school?

Andy Coggan

In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play with,
> > or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?
>
> You've never heard of kids living with relatives or friends just so they can play sports for a
> specific high school?

Yeah, but those kids are all gonna be pros someday.

Kids... not 31 year olds...

Crystal

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:280220030600021200%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play
> > > with, or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?
> >
> > You've never heard of kids living with relatives or friends just so they
can
> > play sports for a specific high school?
>
> Yeah, but those kids are all gonna be pros someday.

"Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play with,
> or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?

I have a few reasons:

1) cyclists race for prize lists, therefore they have the illusion they are almost "pro"

2) even some Cat 3/4 and Fattie Masters teams get all sorts of benefits from sponsors. Entry fees
paid for, free schwag, sometimes even free bikes and travel. This adds to the illusion.

3) the lower category wannabees have no idea that climbing each successive rung of the ladder is not
linearly more difficult, it is exponentially more difficult. This is true of any human endeavor
where one is trying to reach the right side of the Bell Curve. It is so easy to go from Cat 5 to
Cat 4 and Cat 4 to Cat 3 that riders are deluded into thinking it will be that way on the path to
the top and it is not far away.

It is easy to imagine that one has the discipline, work ethic and love of the sport to make it to
the top, but imagining and doing, as always are two very different things.

K. Gringioni doesn't have the desire (and admits it)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:12:06 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play with,
>> or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?

>K. Gringioni doesn't have the desire (and admits it)

Or ability, skill, talent or balls!

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:26:09 -0700, "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"that was just wierd. i perused it reading about 1 out of every 20 lines just because it was a
>waste of my time as his for writing it....lololololo

FYI

pe·ruse ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-rz) tr.v. pe·rused, pe·rus·ing, pe·rus·es

To read or examine, typically with great care.

[Middle English perusen, to use up : Latin per-, per- + Middle English usen, to use; see use.]
pe·rusa·ble adj. pe·rusal n. pe·ruser n. Usage Note: Peruse has long meant “to read thoroughly” and
is often used loosely when one could use the word read instead.

Sometimes people use it to mean “to glance over, skim,” as in I only had a moment to peruse the
manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error.

Sixty-six percent of the Usage Panel finds it unacceptable.

"Sparhawk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:12:06 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play
> >> with, or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?
>
> >K. Gringioni doesn't have the desire (and admits it)
>
> Or ability, skill, talent or balls!

If one has the desire, all of those qualities, with the exception of talent, will be
acquired in time.

Sparhawk wrote:

> Or ability, skill, talent or balls!

Hey! You only need one ball to be a great cyclist these days.

Relax everyone, don't get your undies all in a bundle. Our friend Dave has found a new team near his
Chicagoland home. Check out the roster of his new team, you'll find his name and picture on the
site. I think Div 3 status is just around the corner for these guys, they look tough.

http://www.project5racing.com

BVB

"Sparhawk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:26:09 -0700, "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> Sometimes people use it to mean "to glance over, skim," as in I only had a moment to peruse the
> manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error.
>
> Sixty-six percent of the Usage Panel finds it unacceptable.

lololololoololo

On 2/28/03 1:07 PM, in article
[email protected], "Baron von Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Relax everyone, don't get your undies all in a bundle. Our friend Dave has found a new team near
> his Chicagoland home. Check out the roster of his new team, you'll find his name and picture on
> the site. I think Div 3 status is just around the corner for these guys, they look tough.
>
> http://www.project5racing.com
>
> BVB

Holy ****!!!!! look at that fat sob in the middle of the team photo!!!!

Steve NEVER was that fat........NEVER will be

Can anyone say "Man-zier!" Someone needs some support.

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Sparhawk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:26:09 -0700, "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > Sometimes people use it to mean "to glance over, skim," as in I only had a moment to peruse the
> > manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error.
> >
> > Sixty-six percent of the Usage Panel finds it unacceptable.
>

> lololololoololo

It's one thing to post a team picture, but do you have to make it so big?

Maybe the other guys on the team are just really small???

> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > http://www.project5racing.com/layout/XSilver/images/TeamStandc.jpg
> >
> > You know what's really scary? Everytime I look at that photo the fat guy
> is
> > inching closer to the tall guy.
> >

> Which fat guy? There's more than a few choices.
>
> (Signed) Another fat guy

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:280220030600021200%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play
> > > with, or a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?
> >
> > You've never heard of kids living with relatives or friends just so they
can
> > play sports for a specific high school?
>
> Yeah, but those kids are all gonna be pros someday.

Or so they think - but isn't that the point?

Andy Coggan

What about genes. Do cat-1 riders look like they are working harder then Top Pros, because Top pros
don't look like they are working as hard because they have better genes. It that a valid argument?
If their output at a higer level is more efficent because they have better genes, then genes is a
big factor that you can add to the list, something you are born with.

B-
news:[email protected]...

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Holy ****!!!!! look at that fat sob in the middle of the team photo!!!!

whole group right in the middle. At least TRY to hide him behind some of his non-obese teammates,
for crissakes...!