WTF? 31 year old Cat.4 relocating to find a team?

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA853147.2F3D7%[email protected]...

> Holy ****!!!!! look at that fat sob in the middle of the team photo!!!!
>

> Steve NEVER was that fat........NEVER will be

I've seen you fatter than that.

There's nothing the matter with being fat if one so chooses. There is something the matter with not
being truthful about it.

On 2/28/03 9:22 PM, in article [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA853147.2F3D7%[email protected]...
>>
>> Holy ****!!!!! look at that fat sob in the middle of the team photo!!!!
>>

>> Steve NEVER was that fat........NEVER will be
>

> I've seen you fatter than that.

Yea...........dream on baldy

> There's nothing the matter with being fat if one so chooses. There is something the matter with
> not being truthful about it.

http://www.project5racing.com/staticpages//index.php?page=20030203204820497

Is that Alexi Grewal in the front row second from the right???? I didn't know he was ridin' for
Project 5 Racing. I thought he was savin' people up at the ranch.

"Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... Read this cyclists diary and tell me when
ASPIRING cat. 3's started to relocate to find a club:
http://www.cycledisciple.com/Coverage/RiderDiaries/Dave2.htm

What's up with that picture? Is he an underwear model or something?

In one entry he's all shocked that his team of. 4's and 5's can't find a sponsor, they get such
good results.

Cycling is weird freaking sport, you don't see guys moving to find a softball team to play with, or
a better bowling league, why are cyclists so delusional?

Sort of looks like him. Look, there is a black guy too. There are a few blacks out there. I very
rarely see any blacks decked out ridng bikes.

B-
--------------------
news:[email protected]...

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA858CA3.2F412%[email protected]...
> On 2/28/03 9:22 PM, in article
[email protected],
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA853147.2F3D7%[email protected]...
> >>
> >> Holy ****!!!!! look at that fat sob in the middle of the team photo!!!!
> >>

> >> Steve NEVER was that fat........NEVER will be
> >

> > I've seen you fatter than that.
>

> Yea...........dream on baldy

The difference between my baldness and your fatness is that I admit it and you don't.

I embrace it - the hair has all been shaved off. Your repeated denial of your Rubenesque figure is
to Fatness what the comb-over is to Baldness.

It's kind of funny though (you trying to convince the rest of rbr that you're not fat). very
enjoyable.

K. Gringioni fan of the comb-over

On 3/1/03 4:38 PM, in article [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA858CA3.2F412%[email protected]...
>> On 2/28/03 9:22 PM, in article
> [email protected],

>>> I've seen you fatter than that.
>>

>> Yea...........dream on baldy
>

> The difference between my baldness and your fatness is that I admit it and you don't.
>
> I embrace it - the hair has all been shaved off.

That¹s equivalent to me going out and buying all new clothes for my recent weight after my 2 years
of numerous hospital stays, limited cycling, numerous medications.......(which you fail to ever
acknowledge, you just think I have no will power...........like you of course..)

I have recently lost 5 pounds and plan on losing 10 more. You shave your head so you don't look as
bad...........any other Henry excuse is just a
lie..

Your repeated denial of
> your Rubenesque figure is to Fatness what the comb-over is to Baldness.
>
> It's kind of funny though (you trying to convince the rest of rbr that you're not fat). very
> enjoyable.

Your not getting a rise out of me baldy. People here know your fondness of being an offensive jerk
to **** other people off.

I am not fat in any definition except Henry's dictionary of cycling terms:

Fat : any cyclist over 8% body fat.

You never said your racing weight, fat percentage?

Even now I have more muscle in my "ass" than your whole skinny body.......

I have "always" been mistaken as a trackie. I have been called/asked: "Do you race on the track?"
"frog legs" "thunder thighs" etc.... For years

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86E028.2F488%[email protected]...
> On 3/1/03 10:01 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D5FC.2F47D%[email protected]...
> >

> > <trying to convince rbr that he is not fat stuff snipped>
> >
> > you are a funny guy
> >

> You are so predictable when you snip out parts of a thread you do not like....

Yes, I do that, and purposefully.

Point by point rebuttals of a long post (Kunich-style) tend to get skipped over. I personally rarely
read posts that are longer than a page. Even posts which are shorter than that will lose their punch
if the writer wanders around witlessly, attempting to rebut every little thing.

"The point made well is best made concisely" (credit for that quote goes to someone which my poor
memory cannot recall)

"Brevity is the soul of wit"
- William Shakespeare

K. Gringioni

In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:280220030600021200%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Andy Coggan
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You've never heard of kids living with relatives or friends just so they
> can
> > > play sports for a specific high school?
> >
> > Yeah, but those kids are all gonna be pros someday.
>
> Or so they think - but isn't that the point?
>
> Andy Coggan

Yes, exactly.

-WG

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D5FC.2F47D%[email protected]...

> I have recently lost 5 pounds and plan on losing 10 more. You shave your head so you don't look as
> bad...........any other Henry excuse is just a
> lie..

Hey Fattie -

Couple of things here:

1) when did I ever claim to look good? I admit that I'm bald.

2) if you're not fat, then why are you trying to lose weight?

Honesty is a virtue, that includes being honest with oneself.

K. Gringioni ugly as sin

On 3/3/03 2:48 PM, in article [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D5FC.2F47D%[email protected]...
>>
>> I have recently lost 5 pounds and plan on losing 10 more. You shave your head so you don't look
>> as bad...........any other Henry excuse is just a
>> lie..
>

> Hey Fattie -
>

> Couple of things here:
>
> 1) when did I ever claim to look good? I admit that I'm bald.
>
> 2) if you're not fat, then why are you trying to lose weight?

There is a big difference between being fat and being overweight for competitive exercise

> Honesty is a virtue, that includes being honest with oneself.
>

> K. Gringioni bald, ugly ****

> "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D5FC.2F47D%[email protected]...
> >
> > I have recently lost 5 pounds and plan on losing 10 more. You shave your head so you don't look
> > as bad...........any other Henry excuse is just a
> > lie..
>

> Hey Fattie -
>

> Couple of things here:
>
> 1) when did I ever claim to look good? I admit that I'm bald.
>
> 2) if you're not fat, then why are you trying to lose weight?
>

> Honesty is a virtue, that includes being honest with oneself.
>

> K. Gringioni ugly as sin

I can verify that Henry's not the poster-boy for the Hair Club!

Mike

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA891CFE.2F54B%[email protected]...

> > 2) if you're not fat, then why are you trying to lose weight?
>
> There is a big difference between being fat and being overweight for competitive exercise

Competitive exercise eh? How about not being a premature morbidity statistic?

From: http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v289n2/ffull/jed20082.html

Even a moderately elevated BMI is a significant predictor of hypertension and of diabetes in both
whites and blacks, and the incidence rates of these conditions increase similarly in both ethnic
groups as BMI increases

<snip><end>

From: http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

BMI Categories: Underweight = <18.5 Normal weight = 18.5-24.9 Overweight = 25-29.9 Obesity = BMI of
30 or greater

<snip><end>

You're not any fatter than the average American, but the average American is

health risk. For a bike racer, you're positively obese. When ytou enter a bike race, how many racers
are fatter than you?

BTW, there's nothing the matter with being fat, if one so chooses. There is no law that mandates the
healthiest possible lifestyle.

As an aside, pattern baldness is not a choice. It's genetic.

K. Gringioni

> "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA891CFE.2F54B%[email protected]...
> >
> > > 2) if you're not fat, then why are you trying to lose weight?
> >
> > There is a big difference between being fat and being overweight for competitive exercise
>

> Competitive exercise eh? How about not being a premature morbidity statistic?
>
> From: http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v289n2/ffull/jed20082.html
>
> Even a moderately elevated BMI is a significant predictor of hypertension and of diabetes in both
> whites and blacks, and the incidence rates of
these
> conditions increase similarly in both ethnic groups as BMI increases
>
> <snip><end>
>

> From: http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm
>
> BMI Categories: Underweight = <18.5 Normal weight = 18.5-24.9 Overweight = 25-29.9 Obesity = BMI
> of 30 or greater
>
> <snip><end>
>

> You're not any fatter than the average American, but the average American
is

> health risk. For a bike racer, you're positively obese. When ytou enter a bike race, how many
> racers are fatter than you?
>
> BTW, there's nothing the matter with being fat, if one so chooses. There
is
> no law that mandates the healthiest possible lifestyle.
>
> As an aside, pattern baldness is not a choice. It's genetic.
>

> K. Gringioni

Yeah, but the pony tail needs (-ed?) to go!

Mike

> As an aside, pattern baldness is not a choice. It's genetic.
>

> K. Gringioni

You're wrong - Johan Museeuw has chosen not to be bald.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> "Brevity is the soul of wit"
> - William Shakespeare

Especially when the audience is composed of grade school children.

"The Pomeranian" wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
> > "Brevity is the soul of wit"
> > - William Shakespeare
>
> Especially when the audience is composed of grade school children.

Shakespeare was writing for an audience of Elizabethan grade school children?

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D5FC.2F47D%[email protected]...
> > >
> > > I have recently lost 5 pounds and plan on losing 10 more. You shave
your
> > > head so you don't look as bad...........any other Henry excuse is just
> > > lie..
> >

> > Hey Fattie -
> >

> > Couple of things here:
> >
> > 1) when did I ever claim to look good? I admit that I'm bald.
> >
> > 2) if you're not fat, then why are you trying to lose weight?
> >

> > Honesty is a virtue, that includes being honest with oneself.
> >

> > K. Gringioni ugly as sin
> >
> I can verify that Henry's not the poster-boy for the Hair Club!
>
> Mike

I can verify that he is not the poster boy for Mensa either