WTF is up with the weather?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jonathan Bond, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    if it doesn't dry out some.

    I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    (especially when I don't own any tights) is a bitch.

    Damn New England weather.

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. Ruger9

    Ruger9 Guest

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    >well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    >quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    >if it doesn't dry out some.

    There's been some of that going on here in NJ, unfortunately. So instead of just the drying-out
    time, now we're talking another few weeks of riding time until they're in good shape again.

    At this point, I'm about ready to give up on spring EVER getting here. Wintery conditions here for
    sat,mon,tues.

    ELi

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Ruger9" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    |
    | >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    | >well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    | >quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get
    | >trashed if it doesn't dry out some.
    |
    | There's been some of that going on here in NJ, unfortunately. So instead of just the drying-out
    | time, now we're talking another few weeks of riding time until they're in good shape again.
    |
    | At this point, I'm about ready to give up on spring EVER getting here. Wintery conditions here for
    | sat,mon,tues.
    |
    | ELi

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

    Its all nice here :eek:) Makes a change for the uk to get better weather.

    Simon.....definately not pasty!

  4. Jonathan Bond wrote:
    > Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    > well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    > quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    > if it doesn't dry out some.

    Only one thing left to do.... Get thyself to the beersummit at Copley for the 6-10pm session

  5. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ruger9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    > |
    > | >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside
    > | >as well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry
    > | >out quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get
    > | >trashed if it doesn't dry out some.
    > |
    > | There's been some of that going on here in NJ, unfortunately. So instead of just the drying-out
    > | time, now we're talking another few weeks of riding time until they're in good shape again.
    > |
    > | At this point, I'm about ready to give up on spring EVER getting here. Wintery conditions here
    > | for sat,mon,tues.
    > |
    > | ELi
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/
    >
    > Its all nice here :eek:) Makes a change for the uk to get better weather.
    >
    > Simon.....definately not pasty!

    We got snow, sleet, and freezing rain for the past three days. In the last month i've been on the
    bike twice! and one of those rides was cut short because the trail was too soft. We didn't want to
    shred it any worse than it was.

    Sure miss riding back in Texas!

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    > well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    > quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    > if it doesn't dry out some.
    >
    > I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    > (especially when I don't own any tights) is a
    bitch.

    Heck, Jon, you've already gone roadie...so complete the transformation:

    Go buy a trainer.

    Bill "and some GR tights, too" S.

  7. Sorni wrote:

    > bitch.
    >
    > Heck, Jon, you've already gone roadie...so complete the transformation:
    >
    > Go buy a trainer.
    >
    > Bill "and some GR tights, too" S.

    bib-knicker!!!!!

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Sorni wrote:
    >
    > > bitch.
    > >
    > > Heck, Jon, you've already gone roadie...so complete the transformation:
    > >
    > > Go buy a trainer.
    > >
    > > Bill "and some GR tights, too" S.
    >

    > bib-knicker!!!!!

    Just for the record, I did NOT write/call Jon a bitch.

    Bill "at least not pre-bibs" S.

  9. Sorni wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Sorni wrote:
    >>

    >>>bitch.
    >>>
    >>>Heck, Jon, you've already gone roadie...so complete the transformation:
    >>>
    >>>Go buy a trainer.
    >>>
    >>>Bill "and some GR tights, too" S.
    >>

    >>bib-knicker!!!!!
    >

    > Just for the record, I did NOT write/call Jon a bitch.

    creative editing
    :)

  10. ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >
    >> Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    >> well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    >> quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get
    >> trashed if it doesn't dry out some.
    >

    > Only one thing left to do.... Get thyself to the beersummit at Copley for the 6-10pm session

    I don't have a fake, John, I'm better than that ;)

    If I had any money left, I might consider, but, uh, yeah, thats pretty much gone now (or earmarked
    to be spent).

    You want to make a special shipment for me? hehe....

    Jon Bond

  11. Sorni wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    >>well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    >>quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    >>if it doesn't dry out some.
    >>
    >>I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    >>(especially when I don't own any tights) is a
    >
    > bitch.
    >
    > Heck, Jon, you've already gone roadie...so complete the transformation:
    >
    > Go buy a trainer.
    >
    > Bill "and some GR tights, too" S.

    You callin me a bitch??? ;)

    We've got trainers for the team. if I don't end up riding tomorrow outside, I'm going to be on a
    trainer for a while. I've already used 'em this winter, but I got a slick for my mountain bike
    for that ;)

    My "TUFTS" shorts are actually bib shorts, and ya know? I'm really not a big fan. I might get bib
    tights because the few times I've borrowed my dad's non-bibs, they were a pain to keep up. But its
    definitely normal shorts for me...

    Luckily I have two smith slider glasses, otherwise I'd have to get me some GRS Rudy's (another
    sponsor, so they're oh-so-cheap).

    Jon Bond

  12. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    > well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    > quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    > if it doesn't dry out some.
    >
    > I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    > (especially when I don't own any tights) is a bitch.
    >
    > Damn New England weather.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Quit your crying; for two days now, it's been in the low 30's and 127 miles south of me in
    Pittsubrgh it's been 67-70 degrees. Can't get more depressing then that.

  13. Jonathan Bond wrote:

    > I don't have a fake, John, I'm better than that ;)

    too bad.

    > If I had any money left, I might consider, but, uh, yeah, thats pretty much gone now (or earmarked
    > to be spent).
    >
    > You want to make a special shipment for me? hehe...

    you wissed a doosie, bro..... since the weather was so crappy and nobody showed up for the first
    session and only half the folks showed up for the secon session it was pretty much a 4 hour open
    bar with 300 beers on tap... I think I thried every singel one, or at least I tried to.... ohh my
    G*D, I's so wasted! I even got 4 premium cigars for free form some totally HOT babes at the cigar
    booth just because I net them feel my butt. hehehehe. what a riot! pictures tomorrow, I promise,
    after I pass out.

  14. Mtbguy

    Mtbguy Guest

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    >well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    >quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    >if it doesn't dry out some.
    >
    >I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    >(especially when I don't own any tights) is a bitch.
    >
    >Damn New England weather.
    >
    >Jon Bond

    Six months...that's how long winter has been with us up here in the GWN. We're climbing the walls,
    which is driving the wife crazy.

    MTBguy.ca

  15. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> blathered:

    >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    >well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    >quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get trashed
    >if it doesn't dry out some.
    >
    >I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    >(especially when I don't own any tights) is a bitch. Damn New England weather.

    Let's see now....sunniest March for 40 years -
    http://www.meto.govt.uk/corporate/pressoffice/pr20030331.html

    Following the second sunniest February on record (and the sunniest on record in Scotland).

    Thanks guys!

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  16. "MTBguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside as
    > >well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry out
    > >quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get
    > >trashed if it doesn't dry out some.
    > >
    > >I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    > >(especially when I don't own any tights) is a
    bitch.

    > >Damn New England weather.
    > >
    > >Jon Bond
    >

    > Six months...that's how long winter has been with us up here in the GWN. We're climbing the walls,
    > which is driving the wife crazy.
    >
    > MTBguy.ca
    I have a couple of boxes of climbing holds for those walls that I'm not using any more :)

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  17. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | "MTBguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:52:15 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    | >
    | > >Damn it, there's snow on the ground. Right outside of metro boston, too, and i'd assume inside
    | > >as well (i'm like 5-10 miles out). Trails open in 10 days... all I can say is they better dry
    | > >out quickly! I won't ride them if they're wet, but a lot of people will, and they're gonna get
    | > >trashed if it doesn't dry out some.
    | > >
    | > >I wanna ride, even if its just the road bike... but biking in sleet and snow and freezing rain
    | > >(especially when I don't own any tights) is a
    | bitch.
    | > >
    | > >Damn New England weather.
    | > >
    | > >Jon Bond
    | >

    | > Six months...that's how long winter has been with us up here in the GWN. We're climbing the
    | > walls, which is driving the wife crazy.
    | >
    | > MTBguy.ca
    | I have a couple of boxes of climbing holds for those walls that I'm not using any more :)
    |
    | --
    | Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

    Send them this way if you dont need them. I am converting my attic into a bouldering room. I have a
    4 year old that is asking daily for me to teach her to climb.

    Simon

  18. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | "MTBguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | news:[email protected]...

    > | bitch.

    > | > Six months...that's how long winter has been with us up here in the GWN. We're climbing the
    > | > walls, which is driving the wife crazy.
    > | >
    > | > MTBguy.ca
    > | I have a couple of boxes of climbing holds for those walls that I'm not using any more :)
    > |
    > | --
    > | Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
    > |

    > Send them this way if you dont need them. I am converting my attic into a bouldering room. I have
    > a 4 year old that is asking daily for me to teach her to climb.

    We were initially going to build a climbing wall on the side of the house, but now the plans have
    gotten progressively more complicated, so we're thinking now it's going to have to be a
    free-standing structure out in the back yard.

    Kathleen

  19. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Simon wrote:
    > > Send them this way if you dont need them. I am converting my attic into
    > > bouldering room. I have a 4 year old that is asking daily for me to
    teach
    > > her to climb.
    >
    > We were initially going to build a climbing wall on the side of the house, but now the plans have
    > gotten progressively more complicated, so we're thinking now it's going to have to be a
    > free-standing structure out in the back yard.

    There's a poor guy in Albuquerque whose (soon-to-be-ex) wife has him climbing the walls (and
    scrubbing his belongings).

    Bill "as the rotor turns" S.

  20. John G

    John G Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > There's a poor guy in Albuquerque whose (soon-to-be-ex) wife has him climbing the walls (and
    > scrubbing his belongings).
    >
    > Bill "as the rotor turns" S.

    That's harsh.......... Damned funny, but harsh