WTF was up with Lance's bike throw on TTT?

Theodore Heise

Guest
Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA

Theodore Heise wrote:
> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
good. Living in the moment.
When Lance did his little toss in the TT I was like hell yeah he's into
it. He really does seem to love extreme physical efforts.

Theodore Heise wrote:
> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

Old habits die hard.

"Grafis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Theodore Heise wrote:
>> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
>> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?
>>

> I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
> good. Living in the moment.
> When Lance did his little toss in the TT I was like hell yeah he's into
> it. He really does seem to love extreme physical efforts.

Exactly! He's into it. He's definately not just going through the motions
at this tour. His eyes have as much fire in them as ever and his body
language ... as gauged by little things like that bike throw ... suggest to
me he's there to kick ass just like last year. No gifts.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:13:56 -0400, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Grafis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Theodore Heise wrote:
>>> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
>>> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?
>>>

>> I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
>> good. Living in the moment.
>> When Lance did his little toss in the TT I was like hell yeah he's into
>> it. He really does seem to love extreme physical efforts.

>Exactly! He's into it. He's definately not just going through the motions
>at this tour. His eyes have as much fire in them as ever and his body
>language ... as gauged by little things like that bike throw ... suggest to
>me he's there to kick ass just like last year. No gifts.

LA: "oh, no I didn't even know I was in line to move up above
Hinault...am I close?".

hehe.

jj

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:13:53 +0200,
Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
> Theodore Heise wrote:
>> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
>> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

> You were thinking about this post?
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/afd0e321f4181faa

Exactly so. At the time I thought the move looked dorky, but
after reading that post I think fredly is a more fitting term.

--

Grafis wrote:
> I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
> good. Living in the moment.

Are you sure you're doing your intervals hard enough ?