WTF was up with Lance's bike throw on TTT?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Theodore Heise, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
    would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

    --
    Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA

    Tags:

  2. Grafis

    Grafis Guest

    Theodore Heise wrote:
    > Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
    > would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

    I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
    good. Living in the moment.
    When Lance did his little toss in the TT I was like hell yeah he's into
    it. He really does seem to love extreme physical efforts.

  3. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

    Theodore Heise wrote:
    > Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
    > would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

    Old habits die hard.

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  5. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    "Grafis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Theodore Heise wrote:
    >> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
    >> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?
    >>

    > I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
    > good. Living in the moment.
    > When Lance did his little toss in the TT I was like hell yeah he's into
    > it. He really does seem to love extreme physical efforts.

    Exactly! He's into it. He's definately not just going through the motions
    at this tour. His eyes have as much fire in them as ever and his body
    language ... as gauged by little things like that bike throw ... suggest to
    me he's there to kick ass just like last year. No gifts.

    --
    Bob C.

    "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
    T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

  6. Jet

    Jet Guest

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:13:56 -0400, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Grafis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> Theodore Heise wrote:
    >>> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
    >>> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?
    >>>

    >> I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
    >> good. Living in the moment.
    >> When Lance did his little toss in the TT I was like hell yeah he's into
    >> it. He really does seem to love extreme physical efforts.

    >Exactly! He's into it. He's definately not just going through the motions
    >at this tour. His eyes have as much fire in them as ever and his body
    >language ... as gauged by little things like that bike throw ... suggest to
    >me he's there to kick ass just like last year. No gifts.

    LA: "oh, no I didn't even know I was in line to move up above
    Hinault...am I close?".

    hehe.

    jj

  7. On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:13:53 +0200,
    Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Theodore Heise wrote:
    >> Okay, the finishing group gets the time rider five finishes. Why
    >> would the leader throw his bike crossing the line?

    > You were thinking about this post?
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/afd0e321f4181faa

    Exactly so. At the time I thought the move looked dorky, but
    after reading that post I think fredly is a more fitting term.

    --
    Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA

  8. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Grafis wrote:
    > I often finish intense intervals with a bike throw and a shout, feels
    > good. Living in the moment.

    Are you sure you're doing your intervals hard enough ?