WTK: if 9spd Shimano bar end shifters...

This is the problem with typing to fast and having thoughts in mid
sentence. What I meant to say is "Will the spacing on the 10spd
Campagnolo cassette work with the limits on the Shimano 9spd Dura Ace
bar end shifters in friction mode? The drivetrain will be full campy if
I can make the shifters work.

Thoughts?

Huh, you want to run *FRICTION* shifters on a 10 speed cassette? What's
the problem? Just Do IT! Put everything together and RIDE! You
shouldn't have any problems.

bfd wrote:
> Huh, you want to run *FRICTION* shifters on a 10 speed cassette? What's
> the problem? Just Do IT! Put everything together and RIDE! You
> shouldn't have any problems.

If the shifters produce enough cable travel for the full range of the
10s cassette, yes - I think that's what he's asking.

Back in the 5s friction days, one matched shifters to derailleurs by
their overall cable travel - most combos worked, but some didn't.

Mark

[email protected] wrote:
> This is the problem with typing to fast and having thoughts in mid
> sentence. What I meant to say is "Will the spacing on the 10spd
> Campagnolo cassette work with the limits on the Shimano 9spd Dura Ace
> bar end shifters in friction mode? The drivetrain will be full campy if
> I can make the shifters work.
>
> Thoughts?

yes. The stack of cogsets haven't got hugely taller when they went from
8s to 10s.