WTK: if 9spd Shimano bar end shifters...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Nov 29, 2005.

  1. in friction mode will shift 10spd Campagnolo?

    I think it will just need to confirm the campy chain will run on the
    pulleys.
    Scott

    Tags:

  2. This is the problem with typing to fast and having thoughts in mid
    sentence. What I meant to say is "Will the spacing on the 10spd
    Campagnolo cassette work with the limits on the Shimano 9spd Dura Ace
    bar end shifters in friction mode? The drivetrain will be full campy if
    I can make the shifters work.

    Thoughts?

  3. bfd

    bfd Guest

    Huh, you want to run *FRICTION* shifters on a 10 speed cassette? What's
    the problem? Just Do IT! Put everything together and RIDE! You
    shouldn't have any problems.

  4. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    bfd wrote:
    > Huh, you want to run *FRICTION* shifters on a 10 speed cassette? What's
    > the problem? Just Do IT! Put everything together and RIDE! You
    > shouldn't have any problems.

    If the shifters produce enough cable travel for the full range of the
    10s cassette, yes - I think that's what he's asking.

    Back in the 5s friction days, one matched shifters to derailleurs by
    their overall cable travel - most combos worked, but some didn't.

    Mark

  5. [email protected] wrote:
    > This is the problem with typing to fast and having thoughts in mid
    > sentence. What I meant to say is "Will the spacing on the 10spd
    > Campagnolo cassette work with the limits on the Shimano 9spd Dura Ace
    > bar end shifters in friction mode? The drivetrain will be full campy if
    > I can make the shifters work.
    >
    > Thoughts?

    yes. The stack of cogsets haven't got hugely taller when they went from
    8s to 10s.