WTT: Campagnolo Zonda wheelset for hand-built wheelset

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Jürgen Hartwig, Feb 29, 2004.

1. I would prefer a hand-built wheelset, so I don't have to worry about babying the Campagnolo Zonda
    wheels. I bought a new bike in December, and I decided to try the Zonda wheelset. After 350 miles
    (can get exact odometer reading), I want to go back to traditional wheels. They look fabulous, feel
    great, and feature some aero mojo. However, changing tires is not easy, and I'm not convinced about
    having so few spokes (call me old fashioned).

I have two options:
    1) Trade my Zondas for a comparable hand-built wheelset. or
    2) Sell the Zondas and buy what I want.

I need a Campagnolo-compatible (obviously) wheelset. Weight isn't really important. I want stinky
    strong. I would love to have an all-black appearance, but I don't want to get hung up on cosmetics.
    Durability is my primary concern. I know these wheels are not brand new, but close, and I don't want
    to trade for a 3 year old wheelset, please. I have been spying something like Centaur hubs and
    Aerohead rims with 32 holes...nothing fancy.

BTW, I weight 155 lbs and ride on good Tennessee roads. The Zondas were not abused in any way. I
    just spent a LOT of money on this bike, with the intention of keeping it for 5+ years. Bike stays.
    Wheels will go. I can email you a copy of the sales receipt + digital pictures. I can also provide
    references.

If you have something and would like to trade, please email me. Otherwise, the wheels go on Ebay.
    Will consider sale outright, as well.

Thanks, Jürgen

Tags:

2. Jurgen-<< 2) Sell the Zondas and buy what I want. >><BR><BR>

I would say do this and then we can build you a wheelset, Centaur and Velocity and all black spokes,
    even Century finish hubs..

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jurgen-<< 2) Sell the Zondas and buy what I want. >><BR><BR>
    >
    > I would say do this and then we can build you a wheelset, Centaur and
    Velocity
    > and all black spokes, even Century finish hubs..

Can you quote a price for the above configuration? Is the lack of eyelets on the Velocity rims worth
    much concern? I would like to get 10-15k miles from a wheelset, if possible.

Anybody interested in buying the Campagnolo Zondas? $325?

Still fielding offers for trades.

Regards, Jürgen