Wuffo Campy reverse thread crank puller?

Brian Plaugher

Guest
What Campy cranks require a reverse threaded crank puller? I have the tool, but not idea where it is
needed. Brian Plaugher

Brian Plaugher wrote:

> What Campy cranks require a reverse threaded crank puller? I have the tool, but not idea where it
> is needed.

C-Record and maybe a couple of other cranks from 10-15 years ago used left threads for the
self-extractor. This was a bit of overengineering...self extractors using normal right hand threads
had been introduced by Sugino several years previously, and the thread direction had never been a
problem in practice...so the use of the left thread was a "solution in search of a problem."

Self extractors often don't do the trick when the cranks are on really tight, so sometimes they need
to be removed and a shop-type extractor used instead. Campagnolo's use of oddball threading
necessitated the manufacture of the extractor you own.

You could probably get a fair bit of money for it on eBay.

Sheldon "Left Threading Is Good For Fixed Cups, Silly For Extractor Threads" Brown
| My brother will be having a one-man show at | The Yellow Barn Gallery, Glen Echo Maryland |
| Saturday November 1, noon-7:00; | Sunday November 12 Noon-5:00 | Reception Nov. 1 4:00-6:00—see
| you there! | http://junila.com |
+------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

[email protected] (Brian Plaugher) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> What Campy cranks require a reverse threaded crank puller? I have the tool, but not idea where it
> is needed. Brian Plaugher

C-Record, Chorus, and Victory (?) crankarms had one-key releases starting in late '80's. The
one-key release caps used left-hand threads to keep the caps from backing out when the arm was
being removed.

Jeff

B plaugher-<< What Campy cranks require a reverse threaded crank puller? I have the tool, but not
idea where it is needed. >><BR><BR>

1984 and until 1994 Record, CDA, Chorus and Victory/Triompe...if it has a 7mm self extractor, it
needs a reverse thread crank puller-