ww meetings and thinking about joining

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wja, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Wja

    Wja Guest

    Hi,

    I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.

    At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these meetings?

    What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    etc and do these meetings last long?

    Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?

    Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a
    new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still joining
    and doing it online if possible.

    Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points from
    at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?

    Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit
    of response.

    Tags:

  2. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    > but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    >
    > At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
    > meetings?
    >
    > What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    > etc and do these meetings last long?
    >
    > Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    >
    > Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
    > a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
    > joining and doing it online if possible.
    >
    > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    > from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
    >
    > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    > response.

    Have a look at www.weightwatchers.com I am in Australia and so it maybe a bit different.. In
    Australia it is $16.95AUD and I think $14.95 for concession to attend the meeting.. They last for
    about 45mins - an hr.. I attend a meeting in the morning on a weekday and there are no men that
    attend, however when I have attended at night, there are men that attend and stay for the meeting..
    I take my 2 kids (aged 2.5 and 14mths) - they don't offer childcare, but tolerate the kids - mine
    have got up and helped conduct the meeting.. I take toys for them to play with...

    WW is brilliant... Each week for the first 12 or so (not sure) they give you books with recipes/meal
    plans for the whole week and the points value for each meal.. They also give you the points value
    for a whole range of foods, so that you can substitute things...

    You can do it all online and this ng is great for support, encouragement and for answering your
    questions..

    Kelly in Oz

  3. JulieB

    JulieB Guest

    "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...
    > Hi,

    Hi WJA! I've put the official welcome notice at the bottom of this post - there's lots of great info
    on there. But first I'll try answering some of your questions.

    > At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
    > meetings?

    I'm in Australia too, so I won't tell you how much our meetings cost. What happens though is pretty
    universal. The first half hour you stand in line to get weighed. The second half hour there is a
    talk about the topic of the week. If you time it so you get there at the end of the first half hour
    you won't be waiting in line so long.

    > What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    > etc and do these meetings last long?

    My meeting breakdowns depends hugely on which meeting I go to. Some have men (plural too sometimes),
    and some only get women. Age range tends to depend on the time and location of the meeting.

    > Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?

    Afraid I can't help with this one. It may depend on your meeting.

    > Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
    > a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
    > joining and doing it online if possible.

    Child care is not offered, however I have been to meetings where children have attended (and the odd
    dog too!). It's fine just so long as they aren't disruptive. If they're going to scream throughout
    the meeting, please don't bring them :)

    > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    > from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?

    I'm only ever hungry when it's time for a meal. I try to only eat when I am hungry, but I don't stay
    that way for long. Working out points can be tricky at the beginning, but you quickly get used to it
    (a couple of weeks usually does it), and it makes things really easy.

    > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    > response.

    We were all "silly newbies" once - don't worry about it :)

    And here's the official Welcome:

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

  4. size and make up of meetings vary with meeting time, there are meetings just
    for men and parents with children. Our center has a scale that goes to 650.
    They last about thirty minutes and you go in weigh and converse while others
    weigh then a "lecture/discussion ensues. I find I NEED the meetings and I
    am not generally a joiner. Your questions are valid so ask away. You can
    find meetings and charges for your area at their site. welcome to the
    group. Post and let us know if we can help, good luck whatever you decide,
    Lee
    WJA <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    > but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    >
    > At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
    > meetings?
    >
    > What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    > etc and do these meetings last long?
    >
    > Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    >
    > Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
    > a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
    > joining and doing it online if possible.
    >
    > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    > from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
    >
    > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    > response.

  5. You know I actually took one of my cats once so you never know who you will
    see there, Lee
    JulieB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    > of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to
    post
    > advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this
    > are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of
    the
    > regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try
    if
    > you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what works for him/herself. If
    > someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or
    > ask your health professional.
    >
    > Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

  6. JulieB

    JulieB Guest

    I was way more happy to see the dog than I am to see some of the kids.... You cat would have been
    more than welcome!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
    93.5/73./162.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
> [...]
    > > participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and
    > > knowledge of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers
    > > show up to
    > post
    > > advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this
    > > are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of
    > the
    > > regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try
    > if
    > > you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what works for him/herself.
    > > If someone posts something that doesn't sound
    right
    > > to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.
    > >
    > > Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

  7. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you what happens at me ww
    centre in North Eastern Ontario.
    At the meetings everyone starts showing up between 9:00 and 9:45 to get
    weighed. Everyone gets their card, pays their money (10.70 CDN for a
    lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed. When it's your turn you go
    into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher can see your weight.
    After that you go into the meeting room and wait for the meeting to
    start. At 9:45 the leader comes in and starts the meeting on a weekly
    topic. All the leaders are different so get one you like! Everyone joins
    into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our separate ways.

    Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a time especially for Parents and tots in my area. I
    don't know about the scale and what level it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.

    Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that they gave out a card with the points of some
    staples. I don't find myself hungry too often.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    WJA wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    > but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    >
    > At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
    > meetings?
    >
    > What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    > etc and do these meetings last long?
    >
    > Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    >
    > Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
    > a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
    > joining and doing it online if possible.
    >
    > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    > from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
    >
    > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    > response.

  8. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    >but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.

    Welcome to the group. I have a feeling you will do well. Most people would use kids as an excuse NOT
    to go along. "I can't go 'cos I have no-one to look after the kids". You are already trying to find
    ways of getting round obstacles. That's very positive thinking :)

    I'm pretty sure that 350 is not going to be a problem. WW is used to getting big people - it's their
    business. If they don't have the scales (and I'm pretty sure they will), get them to go out of their
    way to get some.

    Sorry I can't help with the rest of the stuff you ask about, but keep posting. It's great here

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  9. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Just curious: You mentioned 10.70 for a Lifetimer?? In Canada, Lifetimers are not able to attend
    meetings for FREE as long as they remain at goal+2?

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:21:36 -0500, Connie <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote:

    >Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you what happens at me ww centre in North Eastern
    >Ontario. At the meetings everyone starts showing up between 9:00 and 9:45 to get weighed. Everyone
    >gets their card, pays their money (10.70 CDN for a lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed. When
    >it's your turn you go into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher can see your weight. After
    >that you go into the meeting room and wait for the meeting to start. At 9:45 the leader comes in
    >and starts the meeting on a weekly topic. All the leaders are different so get one you like!
    >Everyone joins into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our separate ways.
    >
    >Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a time especially for Parents and tots in my area. I
    >don't know about the scale and what level it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.
    >
    >Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that they gave out a card with the points of some
    >staples. I don't find myself hungry too often.

  10. Fred

    Fred Guest

    You're right. At my center, they have ONE scale (6 overall) that weighs higher weight members, I was
    heading to it last week and they asked me to use one of the others so that one is free until needed.

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:29:52 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    >>but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    >
    >Welcome to the group. I have a feeling you will do well. Most people would use kids as an excuse
    >NOT to go along. "I can't go 'cos I have no-one to look after the kids". You are already trying to
    >find ways of getting round obstacles. That's very positive thinking :)
    >
    >I'm pretty sure that 350 is not going to be a problem. WW is used to getting big people - it's
    >their business. If they don't have the scales (and I'm pretty sure they will), get them to go out
    >of their way to get some.
    >
    >Sorry I can't help with the rest of the stuff you ask about, but keep posting. It's great here
    >
    >Ray

  11. Wja

    Wja Guest

    Wanted to say a quick thanks to all who have replied here, sounds like this might just help me reach
    my goals of a lighter more healthy me, already so far on my own thru the healthclub and seeing a
    nutritionist I have lost 19 lbs since Sept 2003, and have stuck to going and doing my 45 mins on
    bike or treadmill and a few days of getting in on cricut weights, but from seeing the nutritionist I
    have come to realize my weight isn't coming off due to the bad habits I have developed, heck with
    all the work I have done IF I had also been doing WW or even just eating better I would probably
    have dropped even more than the 18 lbs so far.

    I did just wanna say thanks again, I was actually surprised to see somany posts from across the
    world (not just USA)...

    I myself am in East Lansing Michigan as of March 3rd 2004 (in transition of a move right now), so I
    literally won't know a sole there so maybe the WW in that area will be a good way to meet some new
    friends too who knows?

    And my little one (love of my life Lauren who is
    3 ) is really good about playing quiet or just coloring so I bet if I ask ahead that I can find a
    group that does the family thing or a few other kids, im sure she would be ok as long as they
    did allow it in my group,

    Once we are in and settled I will be checking thru the WW site by zipcode and starting to make a few
    calls to see if I can go check out a meeting or two, do they allow you to come see if "this is right
    for you" type thing?

    William

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you
    what happens at me ww
    > centre in North Eastern Ontario. At the meetings everyone starts showing up
    between 9:00 and 9:45 to get
    > weighed. Everyone gets their card, pays their
    money (10.70 CDN for a
    > lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed. When
    it's your turn you go
    > into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher
    can see your weight.
    > After that you go into the meeting room and wait
    for the meeting to
    > start. At 9:45 the leader comes in and starts
    the meeting on a weekly
    > topic. All the leaders are different so get one
    you like! Everyone joins
    > into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our
    separate ways.

    > Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a
    time especially for
    > Parents and tots in my area. I don't know about
    the scale and what level
    > it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.
    >
    > Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that
    they gave out a card
    > with the points of some staples. I don't find
    myself hungry too often.

    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5
    >
    > WJA wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every
    > > respect
    but it
    > > seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    > >
    > > At meetings what exactly happens and what are
    the
    > > costs of joining WW and attending these meetings?
    > >
    > > What would you say the breakdown and group
    size
    > > is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc etc and do
    these
    > > meetings last long?
    > >
    > > Do these places have scales that will go
    beyond
    > > the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    > >
    > > Also do they provide or offer any type of
    child
    > > care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a new town and don't
    have
    > > anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up
    still
    > > joining and doing it online if possible.
    > >
    > > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system,
    how
    > > much time does it take to figure your points from at home meals
    and
    > > do you find yourself hungry alot?
    > >
    > > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those
    are
    > > just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of response.

  12. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Yes they are free if they are at goal +2... if not, like me, they pay
    10.70 (cheap rate).

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    10.1/1.1/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    Fred wrote:
    > Just curious: You mentioned 10.70 for a Lifetimer?? In Canada, Lifetimers are not able to attend
    > meetings for FREE as long as they remain at goal+2?
    >

    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:21:36 -0500, Connie <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote:
    >

    >>Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you what happens at me ww centre in North Eastern
    >>Ontario. At the meetings everyone starts showing up between 9:00 and 9:45 to get weighed. Everyone
    >>gets their card, pays their money (10.70 CDN for a lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed.
    >>When it's your turn you go into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher can see your weight.
    >>After that you go into the meeting room and wait for the meeting to start. At 9:45 the leader
    >>comes in and starts the meeting on a weekly topic. All the leaders are different so get one you
    >>like! Everyone joins into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our separate ways.
    >>
    >>Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a time especially for Parents and tots in my area. I
    >>don't know about the scale and what level it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.
    >>
    >>Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that they gave out a card with the points of some
    >>staples. I don't find myself hungry too often.

  13. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    William,

    According their web site, you can go pay one meeting week at a time so you don't have to sink a lot
    of money into it right away. I don't know what the rate would be in your area. I believe that if you
    join by March 31, they wave the registration fee as well.

    Welcome to asdww, this is a great place.

    Julie

    "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8s7%[email protected]_s52...
> [...]
    > these
    > > > meetings last long?
    > > >
    > > > Do these places have scales that will go
    > beyond
    > > > the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    > > >
    > > > Also do they provide or offer any type of
    > child
    > > > care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a new town and don't
    > have
    > > > anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up
    > still
    > > > joining and doing it online if possible.
    > > >
    > > > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system,
    > how
    > > > much time does it take to figure your points from at home meals
    > and
    > > > do you find yourself hungry alot?
    > > >
    > > > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those
    > are
    > > > just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of response.

  14. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Just one more take on WW.

    I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in attendance
    and walking, crawling around (G)

    I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have the
    women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.

    Fred
    219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    >but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    >
    >At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these meetings?
    >
    >What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    >etc and do these meetings last long?
    >
    >Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    >
    >Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a
    >new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still joining
    >and doing it online if possible.
    >
    >Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    >from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
    >
    >Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    >response.

  15. I bet you are getting what you need you sly dog, Lee, seriously, I love the
    guys in my group, they are a riot
    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just one more take on WW.
    >
    > I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in attendance
    > and walking, crawling around (G)
    >
    > I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have the
    > women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
    >
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
    > >but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    > >
    > >At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
    > >meetings?
    > >
    > >What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
    > >etc and do these meetings last long?
    > >
    > >Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    > >
    > >Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
    > >a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
    > >joining and doing it online if possible.
    > >
    > >Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    > >from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
    > >
    > >Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    > >response.

  16. I think you can make a visit, and if you get there soon, it is the great
    weigh in in our area on march 5, you might use this day to visit the center
    and ask questions, you get weighed for free and get a BMI chart on that day.
    They always have extra staff and so you could make a list of questions, get
    a schedule and see if there is a free registration period in your area. I
    was noticing at our meeting tonight there are more and more men in the
    group. I love that as I relate better to men in general than to women, we
    have a riot. what ever you do, do it for you and let us know how you are
    doing, best of luck with the move, Lee
> [...]
    > these
    > > > meetings last long?
    > > >
    > > > Do these places have scales that will go
    > beyond
    > > > the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    > > >
    > > > Also do they provide or offer any type of
    > child
    > > > care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a new town and don't
    > have
    > > > anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up
    > still
    > > > joining and doing it online if possible.
    > > >
    > > > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system,
    > how
    > > > much time does it take to figure your points from at home meals
    > and
    > > > do you find yourself hungry alot?
    > > >
    > > > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those
    > are
    > > > just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of response.

  17. He was actually very welcome even the woman who was super allergic just
    said, where are you sitting, I will move away, this was so kind, DH took him
    to the lobby and stood there during the meeting. As soon as it was over he
    put him in the car and came back for me. She thanked both of us for being
    considerate and I thanked her for being kind. I do like those people on
    wed. night, Lee
> [...]
    and
    > > > maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up
    > > post
    > > > advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of
    the
    > > > time, people like this are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most
    of
    > > the
    > > > regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to
    try
    > > if
    > > > you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find
    what
    > > > works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound
    > right
    > > > to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.
    > > >
    > > > Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

  18. Fred

    Fred Guest

    (met with silence! (G))

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:32:51 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I bet you are getting what you need you sly dog, Lee, seriously, I love the guys in my group, they
    >are a riot Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Just one more take on WW.
    >>
    >> I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in attendance
    >> and walking, crawling around (G)
    >>
    >> I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have
    >> the women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.
    >>
    >> Fred
    >> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
    >>
    >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every
    >> >respect but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
    >> >
    >> >At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
    >> >meetings?
    >> >
    >> >What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people
    >> >etc etc and do these meetings last long?
    >> >
    >> >Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
    >> >
    >> >Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent
    >> >in a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
    >> >joining and doing it online if possible.
    >> >
    >> >Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
    >> >from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
    >> >
    >> >Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
    >> >response.

  19. broc,broc, Lee
    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > (met with silence! (G))
    >
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:32:51 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I bet you are getting what you need you sly dog, Lee, seriously, I love
    the
    > >guys in my group, they are a riot Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Just one more take on WW.
    > >>
    > >> I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in
    > >> attendance and walking, crawling around (G)
    > >>
    > >> I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have
    > >> the women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.
    > >>
    > >> Fred
    > >> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

  20. Our center even has a special scale for people in wheelchairs so that you can weigh and not have to
    be standing. It is folded up in the corner but is available when needed.