ww meetings and thinking about joining

Wja

Guest
Hi,

I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.

At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these meetings?

What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
etc and do these meetings last long?

Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?

Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a
new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still joining
and doing it online if possible.

Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points from
at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?

Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit
of response.

"WJA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
> but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
>
> At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
> meetings?
>
> What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
> etc and do these meetings last long?
>
> Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
>
> Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
> a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
> joining and doing it online if possible.
>
> Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
> from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
>
> Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
> response.

Have a look at www.weightwatchers.com I am in Australia and so it maybe a bit different.. In
Australia it is $16.95AUD and I think $14.95 for concession to attend the meeting.. They last for
about 45mins - an hr.. I attend a meeting in the morning on a weekday and there are no men that
attend, however when I have attended at night, there are men that attend and stay for the meeting..
I take my 2 kids (aged 2.5 and 14mths) - they don't offer childcare, but tolerate the kids - mine
have got up and helped conduct the meeting.. I take toys for them to play with...

WW is brilliant... Each week for the first 12 or so (not sure) they give you books with recipes/meal
plans for the whole week and the points value for each meal.. They also give you the points value
for a whole range of foods, so that you can substitute things...

You can do it all online and this ng is great for support, encouragement and for answering your
questions..

Kelly in Oz

"WJA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi,

Hi WJA! I've put the official welcome notice at the bottom of this post - there's lots of great info
on there. But first I'll try answering some of your questions.

> At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
> meetings?

I'm in Australia too, so I won't tell you how much our meetings cost. What happens though is pretty
universal. The first half hour you stand in line to get weighed. The second half hour there is a
talk about the topic of the week. If you time it so you get there at the end of the first half hour
you won't be waiting in line so long.

> What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
> etc and do these meetings last long?

My meeting breakdowns depends hugely on which meeting I go to. Some have men (plural too sometimes),
and some only get women. Age range tends to depend on the time and location of the meeting.

> Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?

Afraid I can't help with this one. It may depend on your meeting.

> Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
> a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
> joining and doing it online if possible.

Child care is not offered, however I have been to meetings where children have attended (and the odd
dog too!). It's fine just so long as they aren't disruptive. If they're going to scream throughout
the meeting, please don't bring them :)

> Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
> from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?

I'm only ever hungry when it's time for a meal. I try to only eat when I am hungry, but I don't stay
that way for long. Working out points can be tricky at the beginning, but you quickly get used to it
(a couple of weeks usually does it), and it makes things really easy.

> Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
> response.

We were all "silly newbies" once - don't worry about it :)

And here's the official Welcome:

Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
(Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

Amberle3's Challenges:

THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
used on the day they are earned.

If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
handle all of these programs.

Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

size and make up of meetings vary with meeting time, there are meetings just
for men and parents with children. Our center has a scale that goes to 650.
They last about thirty minutes and you go in weigh and converse while others
weigh then a "lecture/discussion ensues. I find I NEED the meetings and I
am not generally a joiner. Your questions are valid so ask away. You can
find meetings and charges for your area at their site. welcome to the
group. Post and let us know if we can help, good luck whatever you decide,
Lee
WJA <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
> but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
>
> At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
> meetings?
>
> What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
> etc and do these meetings last long?
>
> Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
>
> Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
> a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
> joining and doing it online if possible.
>
> Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
> from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
>
> Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
> response.

You know I actually took one of my cats once so you never know who you will
see there, Lee
JulieB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
> of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to
post
> advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this
> are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of
the
> regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try
if
> you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what works for him/herself. If
> someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or
> ask your health professional.
>
> Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

I was way more happy to see the dog than I am to see some of the kids.... You cat would have been
more than welcome!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
93.5/73./162.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> [...]
> > participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and
> > knowledge of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers
> > show up to
> post
> > advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this
> > are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of
> the
> > regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try
> if
> > you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what works for him/herself.
> > If someone posts something that doesn't sound
right
> > to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.
> >
> > Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you what happens at me ww
centre in North Eastern Ontario.
At the meetings everyone starts showing up between 9:00 and 9:45 to get
weighed. Everyone gets their card, pays their money (10.70 CDN for a
lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed. When it's your turn you go
into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher can see your weight.
After that you go into the meeting room and wait for the meeting to
start. At 9:45 the leader comes in and starts the meeting on a weekly
topic. All the leaders are different so get one you like! Everyone joins
into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our separate ways.

Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a time especially for Parents and tots in my area. I
don't know about the scale and what level it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.

Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that they gave out a card with the points of some
staples. I don't find myself hungry too often.

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
>but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.

Welcome to the group. I have a feeling you will do well. Most people would use kids as an excuse NOT
to go along. "I can't go 'cos I have no-one to look after the kids". You are already trying to find
ways of getting round obstacles. That's very positive thinking :)

I'm pretty sure that 350 is not going to be a problem. WW is used to getting big people - it's their
business. If they don't have the scales (and I'm pretty sure they will), get them to go out of their
way to get some.

Sorry I can't help with the rest of the stuff you ask about, but keep posting. It's great here

Ray
--
rmnsuk
273/202/182

Just curious: You mentioned 10.70 for a Lifetimer?? In Canada, Lifetimers are not able to attend
meetings for FREE as long as they remain at goal+2?

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:21:36 -0500, Connie <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote:

>Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you what happens at me ww centre in North Eastern
>Ontario. At the meetings everyone starts showing up between 9:00 and 9:45 to get weighed. Everyone
>gets their card, pays their money (10.70 CDN for a lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed. When
>it's your turn you go into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher can see your weight. After
>that you go into the meeting room and wait for the meeting to start. At 9:45 the leader comes in
>and starts the meeting on a weekly topic. All the leaders are different so get one you like!
>Everyone joins into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our separate ways.
>
>Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a time especially for Parents and tots in my area. I
>don't know about the scale and what level it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.
>
>Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that they gave out a card with the points of some
>staples. I don't find myself hungry too often.

You're right. At my center, they have ONE scale (6 overall) that weighs higher weight members, I was
heading to it last week and they asked me to use one of the others so that one is free until needed.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:29:52 GMT, ray miller <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
>>but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
>
>Welcome to the group. I have a feeling you will do well. Most people would use kids as an excuse
>NOT to go along. "I can't go 'cos I have no-one to look after the kids". You are already trying to
>find ways of getting round obstacles. That's very positive thinking :)
>
>I'm pretty sure that 350 is not going to be a problem. WW is used to getting big people - it's
>their business. If they don't have the scales (and I'm pretty sure they will), get them to go out
>of their way to get some.
>
>Sorry I can't help with the rest of the stuff you ask about, but keep posting. It's great here
>
>Ray

Wanted to say a quick thanks to all who have replied here, sounds like this might just help me reach
my goals of a lighter more healthy me, already so far on my own thru the healthclub and seeing a
nutritionist I have lost 19 lbs since Sept 2003, and have stuck to going and doing my 45 mins on
bike or treadmill and a few days of getting in on cricut weights, but from seeing the nutritionist I
have come to realize my weight isn't coming off due to the bad habits I have developed, heck with
all the work I have done IF I had also been doing WW or even just eating better I would probably
have dropped even more than the 18 lbs so far.

I did just wanna say thanks again, I was actually surprised to see somany posts from across the
world (not just USA)...

I myself am in East Lansing Michigan as of March 3rd 2004 (in transition of a move right now), so I
literally won't know a sole there so maybe the WW in that area will be a good way to meet some new
friends too who knows?

And my little one (love of my life Lauren who is
3 ) is really good about playing quiet or just coloring so I bet if I ask ahead that I can find a
group that does the family thing or a few other kids, im sure she would be ok as long as they
did allow it in my group,

Once we are in and settled I will be checking thru the WW site by zipcode and starting to make a few
calls to see if I can go check out a meeting or two, do they allow you to come see if "this is right
for you" type thing?

William

"Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:403CE7B0.3080200@nospam_primus.ca...
> Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you
what happens at me ww
> centre in North Eastern Ontario. At the meetings everyone starts showing up
between 9:00 and 9:45 to get
> weighed. Everyone gets their card, pays their
money (10.70 CDN for a
> lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed. When
it's your turn you go
> into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher
can see your weight.
> After that you go into the meeting room and wait
for the meeting to
> start. At 9:45 the leader comes in and starts
the meeting on a weekly
> topic. All the leaders are different so get one
you like! Everyone joins
> into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our
separate ways.

> Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a
time especially for
> Parents and tots in my area. I don't know about
the scale and what level
> it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.
>
> Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that
they gave out a card
> with the points of some staples. I don't find
myself hungry too often.

> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5
>
> WJA wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every
> > respect
but it
> > seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
> >
> > At meetings what exactly happens and what are
the
> > costs of joining WW and attending these meetings?
> >
> > What would you say the breakdown and group
size
> > is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc etc and do
these
> > meetings last long?
> >
> > Do these places have scales that will go
beyond
> > the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
> >
> > Also do they provide or offer any type of
child
> > care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a new town and don't
have
> > anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up
still
> > joining and doing it online if possible.
> >
> > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system,
how
> > much time does it take to figure your points from at home meals
and
> > do you find yourself hungry alot?
> >
> > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those
are
> > just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of response.

Yes they are free if they are at goal +2... if not, like me, they pay
10.70 (cheap rate).

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

10.1/1.1/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

Fred wrote:
> Just curious: You mentioned 10.70 for a Lifetimer?? In Canada, Lifetimers are not able to attend
> meetings for FREE as long as they remain at goal+2?
>

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:21:36 -0500, Connie <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote:
>

>>Welcome to the group!! I guess I can tell you what happens at me ww centre in North Eastern
>>Ontario. At the meetings everyone starts showing up between 9:00 and 9:45 to get weighed. Everyone
>>gets their card, pays their money (10.70 CDN for a lifetimer) and gets in line to get weighed.
>>When it's your turn you go into a cubicle so that only you and the weigher can see your weight.
>>After that you go into the meeting room and wait for the meeting to start. At 9:45 the leader
>>comes in and starts the meeting on a weekly topic. All the leaders are different so get one you
>>like! Everyone joins into the discussion. At 10:15 we all go our separate ways.
>>
>>Mostly women. Mix of young and old. They have a time especially for Parents and tots in my area. I
>>don't know about the scale and what level it goes to but I imagine it goes above 350.
>>
>>Figuring out points is easy. Especially now that they gave out a card with the points of some
>>staples. I don't find myself hungry too often.

William,

According their web site, you can go pay one meeting week at a time so you don't have to sink a lot
of money into it right away. I don't know what the rate would be in your area. I believe that if you
join by March 31, they wave the registration fee as well.

Welcome to asdww, this is a great place.

Julie

"WJA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8s7%b.58638$4o.76471@attbi_s52...
> [...]
> these
> > > meetings last long?
> > >
> > > Do these places have scales that will go
> beyond
> > > the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
> > >
> > > Also do they provide or offer any type of
> child
> > > care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a new town and don't
> have
> > > anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up
> still
> > > joining and doing it online if possible.
> > >
> > > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system,
> how
> > > much time does it take to figure your points from at home meals
> and
> > > do you find yourself hungry alot?
> > >
> > > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those
> are
> > > just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of response.

Just one more take on WW.

I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in attendance
and walking, crawling around (G)

I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have the
women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.

Fred
219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
>but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
>
>At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these meetings?
>
>What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
>etc and do these meetings last long?
>
>Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
>
>Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a
>new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still joining
>and doing it online if possible.
>
>Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
>from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
>
>Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
>response.

I bet you are getting what you need you sly dog, Lee, seriously, I love the
guys in my group, they are a riot
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just one more take on WW.
>
> I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in attendance
> and walking, crawling around (G)
>
> I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have the
> women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.
>
> Fred
> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
>
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every respect
> >but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
> >
> >At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
> >meetings?
> >
> >What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people etc
> >etc and do these meetings last long?
> >
> >Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
> >
> >Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in
> >a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
> >joining and doing it online if possible.
> >
> >Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
> >from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
> >
> >Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
> >response.

I think you can make a visit, and if you get there soon, it is the great
weigh in in our area on march 5, you might use this day to visit the center
and ask questions, you get weighed for free and get a BMI chart on that day.
They always have extra staff and so you could make a list of questions, get
a schedule and see if there is a free registration period in your area. I
was noticing at our meeting tonight there are more and more men in the
group. I love that as I relate better to men in general than to women, we
have a riot. what ever you do, do it for you and let us know how you are
doing, best of luck with the move, Lee
> [...]
> these
> > > meetings last long?
> > >
> > > Do these places have scales that will go
> beyond
> > > the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
> > >
> > > Also do they provide or offer any type of
> child
> > > care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent in a new town and don't
> have
> > > anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up
> still
> > > joining and doing it online if possible.
> > >
> > > Lastly I keep hearing about the points system,
> how
> > > much time does it take to figure your points from at home meals
> and
> > > do you find yourself hungry alot?
> > >
> > > Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those
> are
> > > just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of response.

He was actually very welcome even the woman who was super allergic just
said, where are you sitting, I will move away, this was so kind, DH took him
to the lobby and stood there during the meeting. As soon as it was over he
put him in the car and came back for me. She thanked both of us for being
considerate and I thanked her for being kind. I do like those people on
wed. night, Lee
> [...]
and
> > > maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up
> > post
> > > advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of
the
> > > time, people like this are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most
of
> > the
> > > regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to
try
> > if
> > > you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find
what
> > > works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound
> right
> > > to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.
> > >
> > > Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

(met with silence! (G))

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:32:51 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I bet you are getting what you need you sly dog, Lee, seriously, I love the guys in my group, they
>are a riot Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Just one more take on WW.
>>
>> I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in attendance
>> and walking, crawling around (G)
>>
>> I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have
>> the women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.
>>
>> Fred
>> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
>>
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:05:44 GMT, "WJA" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I have a few quick questions to those who have joined. I am a total newbie to WW in every
>> >respect but it seems to help so many I am interested in knowing more.
>> >
>> >At meetings what exactly happens and what are the costs of joining WW and attending these
>> >meetings?
>> >
>> >What would you say the breakdown and group size is, men vs. women, old young, 10-20-40 people
>> >etc etc and do these meetings last long?
>> >
>> >Do these places have scales that will go beyond the #350 mark for bigger folks in the group?
>> >
>> >Also do they provide or offer any type of child care services (3 yr old), I am a Single Parent
>> >in a new town and don't have anyone to watch my little one at this time but might end up still
>> >joining and doing it online if possible.
>> >
>> >Lastly I keep hearing about the points system, how much time does it take to figure your points
>> >from at home meals and do you find yourself hungry alot?
>> >
>> >Sorry for the silly newbie questions, those are just a few I had and was hoping for a bit of
>> >response.

broc,broc, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> (met with silence! (G))
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:32:51 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I bet you are getting what you need you sly dog, Lee, seriously, I love
the
> >guys in my group, they are a riot Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Just one more take on WW.
> >>
> >> I find I am generally the only male going at my meeting time and there are children in
> >> attendance and walking, crawling around (G)
> >>
> >> I think there are meeting times when more males may show up. I've gotten use to it and so have
> >> the women. I'm getting what I need - weightloss.
> >>
> >> Fred
> >> 219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

Our center even has a special scale for people in wheelchairs so that you can weigh and not have to
be standing. It is folded up in the corner but is available when needed.