WW recipe renovation of my own

D

Dani H.-K.

I was asked to bring an hors d'oeuvre for our family dinner this past Xmas, and my contribution was
a delicious feta dip that I had had at another gathering earlier in the year. I got the recipe from
my Aunt, but to my surprise I found a "dumbed down" version of the recipe on the WW Canada recipe
page. I'll post them both here (and the nutrition info on the second one does not include the pita
chips), with my comment that there's no comparison - my aunt's version is much tastier, but of
course 1 pt more. 8-b

I had to estimate the number of servings for the second recipe, but if the ww gives 1.5 oz per
serving, then I figure my aunt's recipe makes about 10 similar sized servings.

Feta Cheese Spread

POINTS® value | 2 Servings | 8 Preparation Time | 10 min Cooking Time | min Level of
Difficulty | Easy

snacks | This Mediterranean spread tastes great on whole-wheat crackers or spread onto your
favorite sandwich.

8 oz fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh oregano,
or 2 tsp dried oregano 1 1/2 tsp lemon peel, finely shredded

Instructions Using a food processor or blender, mix ingredients together. Blend until smooth and
transfer to a small bowl. Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Feta dip

Makes 10 servings @ 3 pts per serving)

3 cloves garlic mashed 175 grams light cream cheese 175 grams feta cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream (or use plain yogurt)
2/4 cup parsley freshly chopped 2 teaspoons oregano
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4/4 cup green olives chopped

Using a potato masher - mix the garlic, cream cheese and some of the feta together. Add the sour
cream, parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper to taste. Then lightly mix in the olives
and the rest of the feta, leaving a bit of feta to crumble on top of the dish.

PER SERVING: 105.7 Calories, 8.2 g Total Fat, 5.7 g Saturated Fat,
5.3 mg Cholesterol, 289.9 mg Sodium, 3.1 g Total Carbohydrate, 0.3 g Dietary Fiber, 4.5 g Protein,
97.8 mg Calcium.

(The texture of the dip is a rather course or lumpy, similar to lumpy mashed potatoes versus whipped
& smooth/creamy. Hope that makes sense. The original recipe also called for salt & pepper to taste,
but with the feta and olives, I found it quite salty already.)

If you have extra whole olives, they can be put in a side dish for serving.

Pita chips The Pita Chips are made from pitas with a pocket - small or large variety. Use a sharp
knife to cut pita pockets into triangles and then separate the individual triangles along the back
seam. Place the triangles on a cookie sheet (rough inside up) and lightly baste them with oil (I
have used canola oil or flavoured oils.) Not too much oil or they get heavy/soggy. Bake them in a
hot oven (350 to 375). They only take a 3-4 minutes to bake and crisp up. When they cool off, put
them in a Tupperware or plastic bag. The problem is not eating too many before they make it to the
container. They are better than potato chips.

thanks, lee
Dani H.-K. <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was asked to bring an hors d'oeuvre for our family dinner this past Xmas, and my contribution
> was a delicious feta dip that I had had at another gathering earlier in the year. I got the recipe
> from my Aunt, but to my surprise I found a "dumbed down" version of the recipe on the WW Canada
> recipe page. I'll post them both here (and the nutrition info on the second one does not include
> the pita chips), with my comment that there's no comparison - my aunt's version is much tastier,
> but of course 1 pt more. 8-b
>
> I had to estimate the number of servings for the second recipe, but if the ww gives 1.5 oz per
> serving, then I figure my aunt's recipe makes about 10 similar sized servings.
>
> Feta Cheese Spread
>
> POINTS® value | 2 Servings | 8 Preparation Time | 10 min Cooking Time | min Level of
> Difficulty | Easy
>
> snacks | This Mediterranean spread tastes great on whole-wheat crackers or spread onto your
> favorite sandwich.
>
> 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh
> oregano, or 2 tsp dried oregano 1 1/2 tsp lemon peel, finely shredded
>
> Instructions Using a food processor or blender, mix ingredients together. Blend until smooth and
> transfer to a small bowl. Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving.
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Feta dip
>
> Makes 10 servings @ 3 pts per serving)
>
> 3 cloves garlic mashed 175 grams light cream cheese 175 grams feta cheese
> 1/4 cup light sour cream (or use plain yogurt)
> 1/4 cup parsley freshly chopped 2 teaspoons oregano
> 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
> 1/4 cup green olives chopped
>
> Using a potato masher - mix the garlic, cream cheese and some of the feta together. Add the sour
> cream, parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper to taste. Then lightly mix in the olives
> and the rest of the feta, leaving a bit of feta to crumble on top of the dish.
>
> PER SERVING: 105.7 Calories, 8.2 g Total Fat, 5.7 g Saturated Fat,
> 24.3 mg Cholesterol, 289.9 mg Sodium, 3.1 g Total Carbohydrate, 0.3 g Dietary Fiber, 4.5 g
> Protein, 97.8 mg Calcium.
>
> (The texture of the dip is a rather course or lumpy, similar to lumpy mashed potatoes versus
> whipped & smooth/creamy. Hope that makes sense. The original recipe also called for salt & pepper
> to taste, but with the feta and olives, I found it quite salty already.)
>
> If you have extra whole olives, they can be put in a side dish for serving.
>
> Pita chips The Pita Chips are made from pitas with a pocket - small or large variety. Use a sharp
> knife to cut pita pockets into triangles and then separate the individual triangles along the back
> seam. Place the triangles on a cookie sheet (rough inside up) and lightly baste them with oil (I
> have used canola oil or flavoured oils.) Not too much oil or they get heavy/soggy. Bake them in a
> hot oven (350 to 375). They only take a 3-4 minutes to bake and crisp up. When they cool off, put
> them in a Tupperware or plastic bag. The problem is not eating too many before they make it to the
> container. They are better than potato chips.