WWII BSA folding bicycle

Tom Keats

Guest
Thought this might be of interest to some folks:
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/bsa_airborne_bicycles_(aka_parabike).htm

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

That's pretty cool Tom!
Thanks! :D

Chris

news:[email protected]...

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:36:59 -0700, Tom Keats wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest to some folks:
> http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/bsa_airborne_bicycles_(aka_parabike).htm

tease!

(404'ed)

I submit that on or about Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:07:40 GMT, the person
known to the court as maxo <[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle)
to the following effect:

>On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:36:59 -0700, Tom Keats wrote:
>

>> Thought this might be of interest to some folks:
>> http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/bsa_airborne_bicycles_(aka_parabike).htm

>tease!
>(404'ed)

No, it's the use of nonstandard characters in the URL causing the
problem. Try this: http://tinyurl.com/8mwkg

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:50:14 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> No, it's the use of nonstandard characters in the URL causing the problem.
> Try this: http://tinyurl.com/8mw

Yup, shouldda seen that--usually url's get borked because of overzealous
line-wrapping.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:36:59 -0700, Tom Keats wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest to some folks:
> http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/bsa_airborne_bicycles_(aka_parabike).htm
>

> cheers,
> Tom

Seen the link before--pretty neat stuff!

I wonder how many countries round the world still use bikes in the armed
services? I saw a pic of a Swiss military bike from perhaps five years ago
and it was magnificent! The rear carrier modified to carry two standard
jerry cans was pretty interesting.

Seems it would still be a valuable tool for some missions--especially for
paratroopers. Fairly quiet, no fuel needed, light and cheap.