WW's is GREAT!!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Conan, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Conan

    Conan Guest

    Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've dropped 11 pounds
    already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am loving it. This really doesn't even seem
    like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I love. Awesome. My favorite food item
    is Taco Bell tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

    Tags:

  2. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Hi ! Wow you are losing well. This is a great group.

    Lesanne
    365/157.5/155

    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Conan wrote:
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've dropped 11 pounds
    > already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am loving it. This really doesn't even
    > seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I love. Awesome. My favorite food
    > item is Taco Bell tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

    That is a great start, Dan! Congratulations!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

  4. welcome and good luck, I love fast food of most any type but have difficulty
    fitting it in so I have it rarely now, I am glad you are making out so well,
    Lee
    Conan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  5. Hi Dan! welcome aboard. WW's is not a diet but a way of life - you've just been liberated
    ;-D Elaine K

    Conan wrote:

    >Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've dropped 11 pounds
    >already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am loving it. This really doesn't even seem
    >like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I love. Awesome. My favorite food item
    >is Taco Bell tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  6. You're batting a thousand: It ISN'T a diet (it's a way of eating for life); you get to eat food that
    works with your life; a fabulous bunch of people participate on this newsgroup; and you're off to a
    great start. Congratulations. And welcome.

    Prairie Roots
    232/166/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:09:37 -0500, "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've dropped 11 pounds
    >already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am loving it. This really doesn't even seem
    >like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I love. Awesome. My favorite food item
    >is Taco Bell tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  7. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi and welcome to the group and to WW Dan! You're off and runnin'... that's
    GREAT! Keep up the good work. :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/240.8/172

    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  8. Great work! Welcome to the group.
    --
    Brenda
    209/177/150 RafL goal 165

    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  9. Tim Markey

    Tim Markey Guest

    Well done and keep us posted !!

    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  10. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome, Dan, and congrats on having lost 11 pounds already!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  11. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Yep - it be great. Undeniably. Glad to see you're enjoying it.......and good luck. 11 pounds in a
    week is a tad much though.......you may find it slows down a little once you get into the swing of
    things - but hey, what a motivating start!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/133.4/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress.. .
    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  12. Hi, Congratulations on the fantastic loss!
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  13. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Welcome to the group Dan. Here's the welcome notice which will help explain some things going on in
    the group currently. You're doing just great so far - stick around and let us know how you progress.

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  14. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Great start and welcome to the group.

    "Conan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everybody, I've only been doing WW's for a little more than a week. I've
    dropped
    > 11 pounds already. I'm eating 28 points worth of food per day and am
    loving
    > it. This really doesn't even seem like a diet to me. I'm losing weight while eating the foods I
    > love. Awesome. My favorite food item is Taco
    Bell
    > tacos. I enjoy reading the posts. Dan

  15. yes this is great
    news:[email protected]...