WWT: Nexis (Kimberly) in town

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Feb 16, 2006.

  1. I'm so lucky that she has family here -- I get to see her about once a
    year. Her brother's operation at the Mayo brought her and her mom here
    out of season. Whatta coupla wusses!! <g> Time for our mantra: We
    love it here, we love it here, we love it here.

    We met at Maplewood Mall and I drove us over to Gulden's Bar & Grill on
    61 just south of 694 by St. John's Hospital -- it's where Niece Sandy
    and I have met for lunch a couple times. They're a family-owned
    operation and do the cooking in their kitchen. Tomato bisque and a
    burger and waffle fries for me; Pat had a patty melt on two-toned bread
    and the tomato bisque (we don't think it's supposed to be chunky though
    it was); Kim had a club sandwich and the vegetable beef soup. Nice soup
    - it wasn't salt-laden.

    The best part was just visiting with them - nice folks, becoming good
    friends. I like 'em.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

    Tags:

  2. Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > I'm so lucky that she has family here -- I get to see her about once a
    > year. Her brother's operation at the Mayo brought her and her mom here
    > out of season. Whatta coupla wusses!! <g> Time for our mantra: We
    > love it here, we love it here, we love it here.
    >
    > We met at Maplewood Mall and I drove us over to Gulden's Bar & Grill on
    > 61 just south of 694 by St. John's Hospital -- it's where Niece Sandy
    > and I have met for lunch a couple times. They're a family-owned
    > operation and do the cooking in their kitchen. Tomato bisque and a
    > burger and waffle fries for me; Pat had a patty melt on two-toned bread
    > and the tomato bisque (we don't think it's supposed to be chunky though
    > it was); Kim had a club sandwich and the vegetable beef soup. Nice soup
    > - it wasn't salt-laden.
    >
    > The best part was just visiting with them - nice folks, becoming good
    > friends. I like 'em.
    > --
    > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

    We like you, too!! ;)
    Thank you, again, for everything...You were a bright ray of sunshine in
    the gloominess.

    hugs,
    kimberly