X-C skiing

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jeff Palmer, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Palmer

Jeff Palmer Guest

X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
    after you learn how to ski properly. It seems that 95% of skiers I meet shuffle along rather than
    ski, somewhat due to the skiis they use. For my wife, bicycling is second on her list of activities,
    after skiing. I put skiing #2. Right now we have several feet of snow in Central New York. Little
    breezy today.

Jeff

Tags:

2. Jeff Palmer

Jeff Palmer Guest

X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
    after you learn how to ski properly. It seems that 95% of skiers I meet shuffle along rather than
    ski, somewhat due to the skiis they use. For my wife, bicycling is second on her list of activities,
    after skiing. I put skiing #2. Right now we have several feet of snow in Central New York. Little
    breezy today.

Jeff

3. Bethf

Bethf Guest

<[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jeff Palmer <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
    > : after you learn how to ski properly. It seems
    >
    > Skiing is boring so I do snowboarding ;) Good for muscle strenght and muscle endurance in your
    > legs. I should do some cross country skiing though, for that basic endurance conditioning...

Boarding is nowhere near the physical exercise that xc skiing is. Fun though.

4. Bethf

Bethf Guest

<[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jeff Palmer <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
    > : after you learn how to ski properly. It seems
    >
    > Skiing is boring so I do snowboarding ;) Good for muscle strenght and muscle endurance in your
    > legs. I should do some cross country skiing though, for that basic endurance conditioning...

Boarding is nowhere near the physical exercise that xc skiing is. Fun though.

5. Pieter Litchfield <[email protected]> wrote:
    : and if you really want to punish yourself, there's always snowshoeing.....

Real Men [tm] snowshoe uphill and snowboard downhill :)

--
    Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

6. Pieter Litchfield <[email protected]> wrote:
    : and if you really want to punish yourself, there's always snowshoeing.....

Real Men [tm] snowshoe uphill and snowboard downhill :)

--
    Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

7. > Real Men [tm] snowshoe uphill and snowboard downhill :)

Actually, Real Men Telemark Ski and bring skins for the steep hills.

8. > Real Men [tm] snowshoe uphill and snowboard downhill :)

Actually, Real Men Telemark Ski and bring skins for the steep hills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.