X-C skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Palmer

X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
after you learn how to ski properly. It seems that 95% of skiers I meet shuffle along rather than
ski, somewhat due to the skiis they use. For my wife, bicycling is second on her list of activities,
after skiing. I put skiing #2. Right now we have several feet of snow in Central New York. Little
breezy today.

Jeff

X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
after you learn how to ski properly. It seems that 95% of skiers I meet shuffle along rather than
ski, somewhat due to the skiis they use. For my wife, bicycling is second on her list of activities,
after skiing. I put skiing #2. Right now we have several feet of snow in Central New York. Little
breezy today.

Jeff

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jeff Palmer <[email protected]> wrote:
> : X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
> : after you learn how to ski properly. It seems
>
> Skiing is boring so I do snowboarding ;) Good for muscle strenght and muscle endurance in your
> legs. I should do some cross country skiing though, for that basic endurance conditioning...

Boarding is nowhere near the physical exercise that xc skiing is. Fun though.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jeff Palmer <[email protected]> wrote:
> : X-C skiing is a great complement activity to cycling, and yes it feels much better than walking
> : after you learn how to ski properly. It seems
>
> Skiing is boring so I do snowboarding ;) Good for muscle strenght and muscle endurance in your
> legs. I should do some cross country skiing though, for that basic endurance conditioning...

Boarding is nowhere near the physical exercise that xc skiing is. Fun though.

> Real Men [tm] snowshoe uphill and snowboard downhill :)

Actually, Real Men Telemark Ski and bring skins for the steep hills.

> Real Men [tm] snowshoe uphill and snowboard downhill :)

Actually, Real Men Telemark Ski and bring skins for the steep hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.