XC bikes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Lokoseena, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Lokoseena

Lokoseena New Member

I sold my 2 bikes and now I need a new ride for XC riding. Here is a list of bikes I've been looking at but can't make my mind up. Hoping that you guys can help me out make my mind up.

Titus racer X
    Trek fuel 100
    Giant NRS
    Intense 5.5 evp
    Santa cruz blur

Any other sugestions? Thanks a bunch!!!!!

Tags:

2. TDM

TDM New Member

I owe a Giant NRS Air and I absolutely love the bike. I owe the 2001 model and I recently purchased the 2004 composite model (do not have it yet though). The bike has been amazing. Zero bob when climbing (when it is set up correctly) and is descends like a champ. I am a good climber who did not want to hurt my climbing ability and needed help with the descending and this bike fits the bill. It is a true cross country machine – not made for bike drops. I have raced it the past 2.5 years and ridden it very hard and it is still straight and true. I have upgraded components as they wore out and to make it lighter for racing but the frame has been the one constant throughout. Giant gives a great mix of components on an excellent frame for the price. I highly recommend it.

3. nmpub

nmpub New Member

Get one that fits. For instance, the Blur has a short top tube compared to the Racer-X.

The Stumpjumper falls in this general category.