Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

xc girl need big help

Started by joliejulie · · Last activity · 5 posts · 6,530 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
7 May 2007
Last activity
5 April 2009
Original author
joliejulie
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
6,530
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hy!Im moving in UK for a while and I would like to know your opinion about what should I do. I have already at home a scott pro racing endorphine carbon,equiped with shimano XT and rock shox SID xc and I want to now if it's worth to sell it and buy something similar in UK with about 600 pounds?[?]

    cheers. julie

  2. joliejulie said:

    Hy!Im moving in UK for a while and I would like to know your opinion about what should I do. I have already at home a scott pro racing endorphine carbon,equiped with shimano XT and rock shox SID xc and I want to now if it's worth to sell it and buy something similar in UK with about 600 pounds?[?]

    cheers. julie


    I would suggest you take it over on the plane, iv taken my bike on the plane a few times and never been charged for it. Just make sure its very clean and pack it up into a box, try and keep the box weight under 25kg to avoid extra charge for heavy item. And ask the baggage check-in to put it in as a fragile item. Also stuff your clothes around the bike and between frame and wheels to avoid rubbing marks.

  3. thanks for your advice...I am decided now....I will take the bike with me

    chears!

  4. joliejulie said:

    Hy!Im moving in UK for a while and I would like to know your opinion about what should I do. I have already at home a scott pro racing endorphine carbon,equiped with shimano XT and rock shox SID xc and I want to now if it's worth to sell it and buy something similar in UK with about 600 pounds?[?]

    cheers. julie

    Go to your Local Bike Shop (LBS) and get a packing box (they'll most likely give you one or two for free, as once their bikes arrive the boxes just clog up space).

    Turn your bars sideways. Take your pedals off or mount them on the other side of your cranks, so they face inwards. Lower your tyre pressure.

    Pipe lagging (from your local DIY store) makes good padding for frame tubes.

    When you get to the UK head to Wales. 😄

  5. Yip, bring your bike with you.

    You'll find nothing of full carbon with full XT and sids for less than £2200 of OUR English pounds here I'm afraid (unless you go used).

    Now adays you'll get tora and deore for that kinda money. BLARGH!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.