XC MTB racing in Sydney - where to start??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by hdtvkss, Nov 7, 2003.

1. hdtvkss

hdtvkss New Member

Hay there everyone

Ive been riding Xc recreationaly for a while and have decided that id like to try a race or 2 ( any excuse for another ride ;) )

Im not quite sure of where to start, does anyone know any clubs in either the Horsnby or Richmond areas of Sydney that have beginer level XC racing? Its also important that these clubs are friendly, the last thing i want is to turn up and have a whole bunch of im better than you crap thrown at me.

If anyone knows any clubs or belongs to any clubs id love to hear from you. If you want to get in contact with me directly, i can be found at [email protected] via email or messenger

Also great site youve got here, well done ;)

cheers

Graham

Tags:

2. its_stuart

its_stuart New Member

Graham you are in the perfect position for a mountain biker. There are some brilliant rides on your very doorstep.

Check this link- http://sites.uws.edu.au/vip/fathersa/mtb.htm

Also, drop into your LBC (local bike shop) and they will help you with clubs in the area. DONT RIDE ALONE!!!! There are some big drops in the mountains. A club is the way to go :)

stu.

3. hdtvkss

hdtvkss New Member

Hay Stuart, thanks for that!

Actually im blessed with riding locations as its a 2 min ride out of my parents front door into a national park which has some rael nice and varied trails to keep me amused :D

thanks for the link, ill check it out and see what i can find

cheers

Graham

4. dorkpants

dorkpants New Member

5. XC Racer

XC Racer New Member

Just a quick note, if you want to see some elite racers, get advice, and meet clubs, theres a state race on at Yarrahapiny (or however you spell it) on Sunday I think.Check with your local bike shop.