Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

XC Winter X bike?

Started by David · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,026 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
30 December 2003
Last activity
30 December 2003
Original author
David
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,026
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so ago, someone posted about
    using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.

    Anybody tried the XC version?

    winterxbike.comSpotXtender2.htm

    I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different snow conditions.

    Happy New Year y'all!

    David

  2. David said:

    I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so ago, someone posted about
    using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.

    Anybody tried the XC version?

    winterxbike.comSpotXtender2.htm

    I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different snow conditions.

    Happy New Year y'all!

    David

    Never tired it, but it seems like it would be slow. I wouldn;t want to take it into anything deep
    and/or soft.

    Might be ok on hardpack like snowmobile trails, but I'd rather just ski.

    Matt

  3. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so ago, someone posted about
    using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.

    Anybody tried the XC version?

    winterxbike.comSpotXtender2.htm

    I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different snow conditions.

    Happy New Year y'all!

    David

    its only 40 bucks. buy it and find out. if there had ever been any snow in hong kong i'd buy it
    too.in fact i might buy one and ride it around the beach.

    cheers

    gaz

  4. "gazzer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've read on here about ski bikes, specifically I think, a year or so


    ago,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    someone posted about using their Winter X Bike converted MTB at a ski area.

    Anybody tried the XC version?

    winterxbike.comSpotXtender2.htm

    I'd like to hear how it well it works as transportation in different


    snow

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    conditions.

    Happy New Year y'all!

    David

    its only 40 bucks. buy it and find out. if there had ever been any snow in hong kong i'd buy it
    too.in fact i might buy one and ride it around the beach.

    cheers

    gaz

    Uh, thats 40 bucks just for that big metal square. You have to pay about 300 for the entire kit
    with skis.

    Jon Bond

  5. "gazzer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    its only 40 bucks. buy it and find out. if there had ever been any snow in hong kong i'd buy it
    too.in fact i might buy one and ride it around the beach.

    The $40 is only for the ski extender so the front ski is level with your back tire. The snow is
    typically a couple of hours drive for me, and I'm not really confident this will be my choice
    for XC snow travel. But I'm still eager to hear from people who have pedaled bikes like that
    through the snow.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.