Xero-Lite XR-1 -- rear rim availability?

Ok, fine, throw rotten fruit.

I bought a $200 pair of Xero-Lite XR-1's. Frankly, I thought they felt
great.

Third ride, in the middle of a good-sized group, I hit a sharp-edged
pothole, and put a divot into the rear rim. By the way, it stayed
true, and got me home.

Can I find a compatible rim? 20 holes, I think. Any thoughts?

Direct email always appreciated. Thanks for any thoughts.

Peter
sd ca

[email protected] wrote:
> Ok, fine, throw rotten fruit.
>
> I bought a $200 pair of Xero-Lite XR-1's. Frankly, I thought they felt
> great.
>
> Third ride, in the middle of a good-sized group, I hit a sharp-edged
> pothole, and put a divot into the rear rim. By the way, it stayed
> true, and got me home.
>
> Can I find a compatible rim? 20 holes, I think. Any thoughts?

Maybe.

Go here:

http://www.xerowheel.com/prod_detail.asp?btn=2&id=1&id2=21&pid=24

Using the spoke length and hub data on that page, you can work backwards
with a spoke length calculator tool to find the ERD for that rim and
find something that matches at aebike.com.

Seeing as how that rim is a 30mm profile, 20 spoker that uses 12mm
nipples and doesn't have eyelets (I think), I'd guess something like a
Velocity Deep V or SpeedCific Niobium 30 would be pretty close, maybe an
Alex DA28 or Crostini 1.1 too.

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.