Xero XR1 wheels?

LS17

Jun 24, 2005
I'm looking to upgrade the wheels on my Felt bicycle. So far these look to be the best value since they are REALLY light for the money. I can get them for $220 at a local bike shop that does internet sales as well. Is this a good choice? I am 170 lbs if that matters. The wheels I have right now are very heavy. It is just hard to find info on these wheels...no one i know has heard of them???

Before you change the wheels what tyres are you running on?

I am using blue Conti GP4000 on my blue Felt. :cool:

LS17 said:
I'm looking to upgrade the wheels on my Felt bicycle. So far these look to be the best value since they are REALLY light for the money. I can get them for $220 at a local bike shop that does internet sales as well. Is this a good choice? I am 170 lbs if that matters. The wheels I have right now are very heavy. It is just hard to find info on these wheels...no one i know has heard of them???

Felt did use them on there bikes. There are not bad,pretty good bang for the buck.

LS17 said:
I race at 180 pounds and found the Xero XR1 wheels to be very flexy. They also seem to spin slowly, my worst time trials where with the XR1.
The rim is actually fairly heavy on the XR1 and thus the weight savings are in the spokes and hubs. Thus they are light to pick up with my hands but I never noticed them being light when I rode. Finally they came out of true quite frequently.

At that price range, in all honesty, check out the Easton Vista or Vista SL. The Vista is, at least for me, a bombproof wheel that you can use for training or racing. I have used mine for training, time trials, AND cyclocross and it only rarely comes out of true and even then just a touch. Great wheelset.

Also try neuvation wheels, they are very light for their cost. They range from $299-399 for the cheap ones.