Xes - Message Board

Jacques Dupont said:
Well nice of you to ask, but my first reaction is: of course not go away we don't want you as team coach; but then again you did say please and Jean Dubois, our team leader, seems to be all in favour of it so, what the hell, why not you can't do any harm from a distance and I don't actually have to follow instructions do I???
But you do have a palmares and maybe know something I don't, you've definitely been at it longer than I have I think.
So I'm all ears then on a mainly pointed head, long legs and big feet so what's the dope (oops sorry about that just slipped out) then boss??
hi there i have found the answer, change of diet, i used to eat at breckies, 6 slices of toast with jam on em,, now i have a bowl of muselie ???? 2 slices of toast with jam and 2 small milk breads...all washed down with instant gung coffee. i find that 10 minutes later when i am out training, i throw the lot up, this is great i have lost 2 kgs in the last 2 weeks... less weight to carry around.. bon courage:cool: :cool: :cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
..................minutes later when i am out training, i throw the lot up, this is great i have lost 2 kgs in the last 2 weeks... less weight to carry around.. bon courage:cool: :cool: :cool:
Honking before honking then?
:eek:
John.

John Knees said:
Jan's words "Team Bridgewood Castle (sounds like a pub team)" reminded me of a delightful Sunday. As press sec. of Worthing Excelsior I went for a shufti at the regional road race championships, and fetched up in a pub crammed Brighton Excelsior members. They're a happy and gregarious crew, who've been known to sup some ale on occasion.

Can't remember the location (after all, this was a year or ten back) other than that the pub was on a sharp left-hand bend: each lap a spotter would shout "here they come" and the pub would empty, leaving a half-dozen regulars in baffled silence.

Once the race had gone by, the place would once more fill with chattering cyclists, until "here they come" and everyone rushed outside.

Never found out what the landlord made of it, as his pub must have emptied and refilled at least twenty times in the course of the race.

I had a pie and a pint myself.

Happy memories!
:)
John.
I read and re read this post and just couldn't get it at all. Was there a link to the felt lined tweezers? Did this happen before or after the press up? Then it hit me in the subtext. John, I don't know how you come up with it time after time after time but it's brilliant to the point of understatement.
Consider yourself shortlisted to be Team Bridgewood Castle's (Reg TM) first after dinner speaker at a date and venue yet to imagined!

Mine's a half and yours is on me.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there i have found the answer, change of diet, i used to eat at breckies, 6 slices of toast with jam on em,, now i have a bowl of muselie ???? 2 slices of toast with jam and 2 small milk breads...all washed down with instant gung coffee. i find that 10 minutes later when i am out training, i throw the lot up, this is great i have lost 2 kgs in the last 2 weeks... less weight to carry around.. bon courage:cool: :cool: :cool:
Perhaps we were a bit hasty in asking you to be Honorary Coach!

Jean Dubois said:
well hi there, thamks, do you know its stuff like that you wrote is very inspiring.. thanks, so whats new, well errr, after a big low last week, a smaller low the week before, back with a bang, yes i took the GP de Azille, veterans, so on top of the podium,, good fast race, closed down lots of attacks, and dominated the sprint... so 2 wins and a 3rd not too bad... BUT with this win, i move OUT of the vets class, into the 1/2/3 rd mob,, thats going to be interesting, but the 3 cat group startred 5 minutes in front of us " old men " and we caught them after 20kms... so maybe its not too bad..... its the divisional champs on saturday, most of the guys are muttering that it could be a good day for me.. nice 8k curcuit, small climb, big wide road finish. mmmmmmmmmmmm lets hope so.... bon courage..
ytd so far is 4890 kms...
Come on BRF, its guys like you and Lim and even that Dupont chap who are truly inspirational to us returning vets. Everyone has troughs, but you showed 'em, again, and whatever happens in the Regional Champs you'll still be a star.
How do you get from Vet to 3rd in France, do you age downwards!
It's been a good weekend at the end of a good week for me. Rode a British Cycling 55 miler, got in the break (of 7) after 5 miles, team time trialled the entire race in torrential rain and despite 2 getting on with a mile to go, still managed 5th. With 3 miles to go the Commisaire drove alongside and said we has a lead of 1 minute 20. Something not quite right there!
Despite Jaques' objection, the position of Honorary Coach to Team Bridgewood Castle (Reg Tm) is still open. Because it's honorary, you don't have to actually do anything except write up your exploits to provide motivation for us struggling wannabees. Obviously Jaques will be the "on the road" coach because he's got better palmares than me and Peveril! and he's taller than us so we look upto him, oh and he can speak French!
What's with all this YTD business!
Now either I'm doing too much or you're not doing enough or I'm tactically **** and you're **** hot. I think I know the answer.
Have a great cycling week everyone.

Jean D YTD 3785miles[/QUOTE]

JD - what BRF didn't mention with regard to my miles last year was the fact that I was raising money for charity if I could hit 12k miles in one calendar year.
So i had the extra incentive (pressure??) to complete it.

3,785 miles is nothing to be sneezed at, JD.
Steady miles - getting them in.

If I can say that I noticed my fitness really did improve as I got more miles in.
I was less tired after doing further distances and in general my health really did improve too (no winter colds etc).

I hope to race next year - but don't get me confused with the likes of real racers like BRF, FredC and co.
I'm a water carrier. Nothing more. I won't be collecting silverware but If I can help a team mate to win - that'll be enough for me.

Keep pedalling!

An U-23 that I coach, Tom Walters, had a nasty crash in Brittany France a couple of Friday evening’s ago during a 2 hour Kermesse.
Tom was leading coming out of the last bend heading for his first victory when he slid on the corner landing heavily on a kerb and broke his hip in 3 places.

It would have been Tom’s first win as he was coming into some good form for the U-23 National RR. He has had 5 top ten paces and rarely been out of the top 20 since racing in France from March.

We have already been told he needs at least 2 months in Hospital and probably wont be able to ride his bike for 6 months. Tom is devastated, he knows this year is now a right off but he will be back.

If anyone wants to contact Tom who will be pretty much on his own out there, drop him a line

Tom's team mates have been good, visting him etc including Tom's English team mate Rob Orr, staying with Tom during his hospital stay some 200km from where they are based. Tom has now been transfered to a local French Hospital near where he is living out there

Tom Walters
Chambres 124
Centre Hospitalier Broussais
Rue de la Marne
St Malo
France

Many thanks

Legro

If anyone wants to contact Tom who will be pretty much on his own out there, drop him a line

Tom's team mates have been good, visting him etc including Tom's English team mate Rob Orr, staying with Tom during his hospital stay some 200km from where they are based. Tom has now been transfered to a local French Hospital near where he is living out there

Tom Walters
Chambres 124
Centre Hospitalier Broussais
Rue de la Marne
St Malo
France

hi there, sorry to hear of this bad news, hope he gets well again, us bikys are a tought lot,, will drop him a line, i know how it feels to be off the bike with a injury..

hi there, sorry to hear of this bad news, hope he gets well again, us bikys are a tought lot,, will drop him a line, i know how it feels to be off the bike with a injury..[/QUOTE]hi there, well what do you know,, the FORM continues, yes it was 3 on the trot last saturday, :D:D:Derrrrrrr emmmmmmmm won the departmental veterans road champs, 3 time in 4 years, last year i was 2nd,, dont ask, a nignog just rode off the front us RACERS we sat and let him go,, result, never saw him again,, in fact he never appeared again after his win,,,, he was gobsmacked, well done to him i say silly buggers watching each other,, still its old hat.. BUT i did it, i must say without much problem, there was a 2 kms false flat into the wind, then a 100 meter up hill bit, then "prenez a droite", and 2 kms of big main road side wind stuff ... i attacked each time on this bit, and on the 4th lap out of 8, i just rode em off mi wheel, i took the 2nd favourite with me, and just wound it on on mi 54x12, yes no ********.. we caught a no hoper, who was 2mins up the road, and I just ****** em in the sprint... so there you go....my new training plan must be working,, 50/60 kms per ride, 6 days a week... 7th its a race, or fast ride with the club.... whats next, its the regional champs, our region covers all of the eastern side of the south of france, so will be a good race, been 2nd, 3rd, 2nd 2nd, this time... i am goining for it... we shall see......ytd is 5350 kms...bon courage :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Second BRF's good wishes to Tom - will be sending him a card if I can find one rude enough - but can I sully this site with a comment about Eurosport?

Watching the Giro, I thought the Rai Sport cameramen were great - not only for following the race action, but for the little atmposphere (what the hell's "atmposphere"?) - atmosphere shots, like the toddler in a five-times-too-big maglia rosa and pink hat, or the oh-so-serious five-year-old, complete with crash-hat and old-style routier's neckerchief.

Terrific stuff.

That bloke Basso wasn't bad either.
:) John:)

bikeriderfrance said:
i attacked each time on this bit, and on the 4th lap out of 8, i just rode em off mi wheel, i took the 2nd favourite with me, and just wound it on on mi 54x12, yes no ********.. we caught a no hoper, who was 2mins up the road, and I just ****** em in the sprint... so there you go....my new training plan must be working,, 50/60 kms per ride, 6 days a week... 7th its a race, or fast ride with the club.... whats next, its the regional champs, our region covers all of the eastern side of the south of france, so will be a good race, been 2nd, 3rd, 2nd 2nd, this time... i am goining for it... we shall see......ytd is 5350 kms...bon courage :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Very well done indeed BRF :) there will be no holding you now that you've got the wind up your ****: departmental, regional? national? then who knows???
But all is not rosy I'm afraid: we've been following your advice and none of us have thrown up yet although we've all gained 4 kilos:mad: or thereabouts since you became honorary team coach. Now its not that I'm complainin' you must understand but you better come up with something else fast or you'll be out on yer ear do you hear and we'll be on the lookout for a REAL coach!!! We'll give you one more chance but this time you'll have to be on the ball cos others :eek: are lining up to take your place I do believe.

Jacques Dupont said:
Very well done indeed BRF :) there will be no holding you now that you've got the wind up your ****: departmental, regional? national? then who knows???
But all is not rosy I'm afraid: we've been following your advice and none of us have thrown up yet although we've all gained 4 kilos:mad: or thereabouts since you became honorary team coach. Now its not that I'm complainin' you must understand but you better come up with something else fast or you'll be out on yer ear do you hear and we'll be on the lookout for a REAL coach!!! We'll give you one more chance but this time you'll have to be on the ball cos others :eek: are lining up to take your place I do believe.
hi there. well here goes. i put that little training plan into the fold to see if any idiots would follow it, if they did they must all be very gullable, you all did so here is plan No 2.. get up at 5.30 am every morning, nip up to the local M 1/5/6/9/25/40/66.or the nearest M road to you, nip down the slip road and sit on the hard shoulder white line... you will find that you can ride at about 85k/p/h until the next slip road, where you pull off, try and find a bit about 5 miles long.. retrace step 1 and ride back on the other hard shoulder white line. this is my SPEED training tip for this week..ps if you can jump a big wagon doing 95kph get in behind that....ps you will need a 59x12 gear set up.. bon courage.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: pss 45c intbakyardlad.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there. well here goes. i put that little training plan into the fold to see if any idiots would follow it, if they did they must all be very gullable, you all did so here is plan No 2.. get up at 5.30 am every morning, nip up to the local M 1/5/6/9/25/40/66.or the nearest M road to you, nip down the slip road and sit on the hard shoulder white line... you will find that you can ride at about 85k/p/h until the next slip road, where you pull off, try and find a bit about 5 miles long.. retrace step 1 and ride back on the other hard shoulder white line. this is my SPEED training tip for this week..ps if you can jump a big wagon doing 95kph get in behind that....ps you will need a 59x12 gear set up.. bon courage.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: pss 45c intbakyardlad.
Consider yourself as definitely:eek:, unconditionally:mad:, conclusively:confused: and explicitly:D FIRED from your honorary position as TBC coach:p no matter what the temperature in the back yard may be:eek:.

Over the Hill said:
Nice one, I do the same or similar except always with a tail wind for maximum speed
HI THERE. ERRRRRRRR FOR UUUUUUUUUUUU.. READ LOTUS ELITE, 66X11 FIXED, AT LEAST 15 MILES LONG, YES WITH TAIL WIND... MAYBE FROM WATFORD GAP SOUTH BOUND M1.. BON COURAGE..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
HI THERE. ERRRRRRRR FOR UUUUUUUUUUUU.. READ LOTUS ELITE, 66X11 FIXED, AT LEAST 15 MILES LONG, YES WITH TAIL WIND... MAYBE FROM WATFORD GAP SOUTH BOUND M1.. BON COURAGE..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Before Jaques was Geneticlly Modified ( geddit?) we had to drive to Paris from Montpellier to the said place. On the way there a Porshe (I think) came whistling past with WW plates. Sometime later we passed this thing with a brokenback in the drain ditch. Although my pal Michel Marin rode for a different team, we got on well. He did speak some English, however when he got out of the car in Paris in front of what might be termed an archway with a stout wooden door, he rang the bell, and it was answered. The man who looked after these things welcomed him, and we pootled into the courtyard TBC....

Jacques Dupont said:
Consider yourself as definitely:eek:, unconditionally:mad:, conclusively:confused: and explicitly:D FIRED from your honorary position as TBC coach:p no matter what the temperature in the back yard may be:eek:.
Just got back from a 5 day break in Holland to find BRFs been fired and I cant make any sense at all of the last few posts. Nothing new there then!!!!!!!!
Apart from today it was even colder than Cheshire int' Netherlands, only 10C in Amsterdam on Wednesday. Didn't have a back yard so don't know how cold it would have been if there was one.
The Chippings had a great time in Centre Parcs, for that matter so did I. Only problem was all those bloody bikes in the towns and cities, not safe to walk anywhere!

Sorry to hear about Tom from OtH. I hope his recovery continues well.

Great ride again BRF, keep up the good work. I've got a 10 tomorrow and a RR on Sunday. After a week off I'll either be flying or creeping or both.
Fred, what's this "as we pootled into the courtyard TBC" The use of TBC(Reg TM) has been referred to the Team Solicitors who will we contacting you in due course.

Jean Dubois said:
Just got back from a 5 day break in Holland to find BRFs been fired and I cant make any sense at all of the last few posts. .

Great ride again BRF, keep up the good work. I've got a 10 tomorrow and a RR on Sunday. After a week off I'll either be flying or creeping or both.
Fred, what's this "as we pootled into the courtyard TBC" The use of TBC(Reg TM) has been referred to the Team Solicitors who will we contacting you in due course.
hi there,:D:D:D what a surprise i find i have been sacked, well thats ok by me, BUT my mateys, i am still on a ROLL, yes WON the 40's and over G P De Elne this afternoon.. jumped away with a strong guy, with 3 laps to go, did him in the sprint, not bad to say he was 17 years younger than me.. so its 4 races 4 weekends 4 wins... going for the BIG one next week, must keep focused.. will do just that...bon courage.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there,:D:D:D what a surprise i find i have been sacked, well thats ok by me, BUT my mateys, i am still on a ROLL, yes WON the 40's and over G P De Elne this afternoon.. jumped away with a strong guy, with 3 laps to go, did him in the sprint, not bad to say he was 17 years younger than me.. so its 4 races 4 weekends 4 wins... going for the BIG one next week, must keep focused.. will do just that...bon courage.:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Don't worry about getting the tin-tack. Jaques is obviously still suffering from the effects of being GM'd some years ago. I understand his predicament, those vitamin pills were good though, and the fortnightly injections of Anti-Tetanus did the trick. Never did get tetanus.
Well BRF, that's superb news. OTH will have to get his finger out, and 2006 is like Jacques, doesn't give a monkeys any longer.

FredC said:
Don't worry about getting the tin-tack. Jaques is obviously still suffering from the effects of being GM'd some years ago. I understand his predicament, those vitamin pills were good though, and the fortnightly injections of Anti-Tetanus did the trick. Never did get tetanus.
Well BRF, that's superb news. OTH will have to get his finger out, and 2006 is like Jacques, doesn't give a monkeys any longer.
It got quite warm in our backyard today.