Xes - Message Board

bikeriderfrance.. now if only i HAD a couple of co-equipers in the bunch.....:cool: :cool: :cool: bon courage.[/QUOTE said:
Team Bridgewood Castle(Reg Tm) are currently considering bungs, oops! interested offers. Hurry up though, competition for places is intense!

Jean D (Team Leader)

ryan_velo. said:
Ok here's what’s going on; I did a 2 day stage race in Tennessee in late last month, racing jr 15-16. The first day was a RR & a TT. The RR was a 55 mile loop w/ a 3+ mile climb, (a mountain) with considerable rollers. The last 20 miles were very flat but there were 15-20 mph winds. It was one of the most challenging races I've yet to do and a placed 2nd in a field if 12. I was very happy w/ my self. I went back to the hotel early & did not register for the TT. The next day was a crit & I was racing w/ 8 other jrs, which I placed first. The next weekend I did a cat 5 crit in Indiana and I placed 5th. Yesterday was a team TT in which I averaged 22.93. BTW my I'm not having any more trouble w/ my server.

-Ryan --- AKA 'Smalls' :)
What exactly is it about you that's "Small(s)". I think the world needs to Know.
Come to think of it, you aren't dyslexic are you??

bikeriderfrance said:
Jacques Dupont said:
do the work LET ME BE YOUR TACTICAL MANAGER!!!!!!!!
another guy ON YER WHEEL attacks,,, end of story.. now if only i HAD a couple of co-equipers in the bunch.....:cool: :cool: :cool: bon courage.
Right then now that you've done the "easy" bit winning 4 in a trot things start to get a little more complicated.
First bit of advice:
Learn to count: In a bunch of 30 if one breaks away, you and 28 (twenty eight) others watch him go. This can be handy for example in a break to make sure everyone is working, for instance in a 5-man break 4 riders should come through before its your turn again.
Next bit of advice: Make friends in the bunch if you don't have team mates, someone going well, either before or during the race. Make a pact with him or them (not more than 3) you won't chase him if he doesn't chase you. Then when he jumps away and everyone looks at you, you just look back at them and shrug and they will believe he is with you and chase to get him back or maybe let him go, in all cases you have the upper hand. Note that this tactic can be then used even if you've spoken to no one, only you know, keep the others guessing.
In other words form your own team from those present, they'll be only too happy to oblige. This is the only way to win when everyone is sat on you unless you can outclimb them on a hilly circuit.
Third bit: Always keep the upper hand: don't let your "team mates" work with anybody stonger or faster than they are. If they come back, start again, but never do more than your fair share of work.
AND if you can't contain all the attacks, then look after the stongest one(s), let the weakest one get away, the chances are he'll come back on his own or you will be in a position to go and get him yourself in the last FEW kms. As you'll be fresh at the end you'll be able to jump away like a madman, don't take anyone with you, jump from behind.
That should be enough for the time being. Chew on that.

ryan_velo. said:
Ok here's what’s going on; I did a 2 day stage race in Tennessee in late last month, racing jr 15-16. The first day was a RR & a TT. The RR was a 55 mile loop w/ a 3+ mile climb, (a mountain) with considerable rollers. The last 20 miles were very flat but there were 15-20 mph winds. It was one of the most challenging races I've yet to do and a placed 2nd in a field if 12. I was very happy w/ my self. I went back to the hotel early & did not register for the TT. The next day was a crit & I was racing w/ 8 other jrs, which I placed first. The next weekend I did a cat 5 crit in Indiana and I placed 5th. Yesterday was a team TT in which I averaged 22.93. BTW my I'm not having any more trouble w/ my server.

-Ryan --- AKA 'Smalls' :)
Excellent stuff Ryan, you're making good progress.
Now then my man, you know BRF and myself of old, and you will see I have poached a few new 'old' boys who know the score inside out. Of course, our watchword is anonymity, and you'll never guess who they are. But never mind about that, they have the answers to anything you might like to know.
Look at it this way, you've got a load of world class coaches.
Anyway, nice to know that you're online properly now Ryan, so keep in touch more often.

Jean Dubois said:
bikeriderfrance.. now if only i HAD a couple of co-equipers in the bunch.....:cool: :cool: :cool: bon courage.[/QUOTE said:
Team Bridgewood Castle(Reg Tm) are currently considering bungs, oops! interested offers. Hurry up though, competition for places is intense!

Jean D (Team Leader)
I keep looking for Team Bridgewood (aka the Planks) in the entries and result sections, but it has all come to nought. What exactly do they do? Ribbon Twirling, Synchronised Drowning, or summat like that.

Jacques Dupont said:
Right then now that you've done the "easy" bit winning 4 in a trot things start to get a little more complicated.
First bit of advice:
Learn to count: In a bunch of 30 if one breaks away, you and 28 (twenty eight) others watch him go. This can be handy for example in a break to make sure everyone is working, for instance in a 5-man break 4 riders should come through before its your turn again.
Next bit of advice: Make friends in the bunch if you don't have team mates, someone going well, either before or during the race. Make a pact with him or them (not more than 3) you won't chase him if he doesn't chase you. Then when he jumps away and everyone looks at you, you just look back at them and shrug and they will believe he is with you and chase to get him back or maybe let him go, in all cases you have the upper hand. Note that this tactic can be then used even if you've spoken to no one, only you know, keep the others guessing.
In other words form your own team from those present, they'll be only too happy to oblige. This is the only way to win when everyone is sat on you unless you can outclimb them on a hilly circuit.
Third bit: Always keep the upper hand: don't let your "team mates" work with anybody stonger or faster than they are. If they come back, start again, but never do more than your fair share of work.
AND if you can't contain all the attacks, then look after the stongest one(s), let the weakest one get away, the chances are he'll come back on his own or you will be in a position to go and get him yourself in the last FEW kms. As you'll be fresh at the end you'll be able to jump away like a madman, don't take anyone with you, jump from behind.
That should be enough for the time being. Chew on that.
NO COMMENT.. I HAVE JUST THROWN UP, VICAR.ARE YOU IN THE REAL WORLD... DID YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH ???? HAVING RACED FOR 50 YEARS I DO THINK I KNOW HOW TO READ A RACE, WHY DID'NT EDDEY MERCKX WIN EVERY RACE HE RODE THEN......... BON COURAGE..:cool::cool::cool::cool:
PS SWIMMING POOL PUMP HAS BLOWN UP,, ANY IDEAS.

FredC said:
I keep looking for Team Bridgewood (aka the Planks) in the entries and result sections, but it has all come to nought. What exactly do they do? Ribbon Twirling, Synchronised Drowning, or summat like that.
Try the results section in the cycling press rather than Flat Racing Weakly. TBC(RegTm applied for) is omnipresent, always waving never drowning!!!

bikeriderfrance said:
NO COMMENT.. I HAVE JUST THROWN UP, VICAR.ARE YOU IN THE REAL WORLD... DID YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH ???? HAVING RACED FOR 50 YEARS I DO THINK I KNOW HOW TO READ A RACE, WHY DID'NT EDDEY MERCKX WIN EVERY RACE HE RODE THEN......... BON COURAGE..:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Yes of course I used these tactics or various versions of them all the time.
Eddy didn't win all his races because a) everyone sat on him after he'd won a few and b) there were some very good riders around namely: Ocana, Thevenet, Agostinho yes and even Poulidor (all very good climbers) and of course de Vlaeminck who was better than Merckx on the pavé. How did Eddy solve the problem? Easy he paid other riders to work for him, his team mates and when that was not enough anybody else who was willing and there was plenty of those. Now I wouldn't even dream of trying to give a lesson to someone of your status but I might have a tiny little bit more experience of the French scene and how it works or maybe not.
Sorry about the swimming pool pump, my humble advice is to buy or steal a new one or pay someone to do it for you. Have a good weekend:)

bikeriderfrance said:
Can't promise anything but I may be able to negotiate a good price for the pump repair / replacement with a team mate of mine.
If it's got volcanic ash in it again there will be a surcharge.
Yet another one of TBCs many talents which has enabled us to meet every single one of our synchronised swimming commitments!

Me and Jan are racing on Oulton Park tomorrow. Vroooooooooom[/QUOTE]
Did you Vroom, vroom, or phut, phut?
I'm convinced that you pay people not to print your results.

bikeriderfrance said:
Right up my street that game, I'll come and fix it with my little 100kg tool box, 3ft Stilsons and power meter. Just send the plane tickets, and taxi money.
I'll tek it to bits on table in t'backyard. Have you got a campag T key?

Check power supply across the switch. If positive check connections box on the motor. Is the motor brushed, or capacitor start?
Hang on, I'll get me coat.

FredC said:
Me and Jan are racing on Oulton Park tomorrow. Vroooooooooom
Did you Vroom, vroom, or phut, phut?
I'm convinced that you pay people not to print your results.[/QUOTE]
OK, try p59 of the thing that passes for a weekly cycling mag in the UK. Sorry it's a TT result though!
You're right, the media do appear to pass me by. Happy to PM this years win and placings if you really want. Not BRF standard but trying! At least other riders will still work with me.
Me and Jan were magnificent at Oulton Park this week. Va Va Vrooooooooooom! and we both finished!!

FredC said:
Right up my street that game, I'll come and fix it with my little 100kg tool box, 3ft Stilsons and power meter. Just send the plane tickets, and taxi money.

Check power supply across the switch. If positive check connections box on the motor. Is the motor brushed, or capacitor start?
hi there, weelll err the problem started last year when the pump froze up when we were in the uk.. ie not there.. the pump started up as usuall on the timer,ran and must have got hot, this melted the ice in the pump, ,well away it went, BUT there is or was a shower connection under the pump., this well er froze solid and when the pump started it blew off... so the pump is working, pumping water around the pool as well as pumping water out of a 3/8th hole.. result about 3/4 days later, the pump had drained all the water away down to the skimmer entrance, result no water going into pump.. result pump got very hot, then blew the main fuse in the house...how do we know this,, when we got back no electics,,, so i fixed the 3/8th hole turned on the pump after refilling the pool with 20 cubic mtrs of water,, and hey presto,,,BUT the pump form then on made a awfull maoning noise,, so loud we had to close all windows and doors whilst it was on.( er a bit hot here doing that ) . but last night it all went silent.. result water had got into the works inside the pump,and F>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KED pump up.. bon courage.. ps new one €289.00000000 pss blew the main fuse as well..:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Jacques Dupont said:
Yes of course I used these tactics or various versions of them all the time.
Eddy didn't win all his races because a) everyone sat on him after he'd won a few and b) there were some very good riders around namely: Ocana, Thevenet, Agostinho yes and even Poulidor (all very good climbers) and of course de Vlaeminck who was better than Merckx on the pavé. How did Eddy solve the problem? Easy he paid other riders to work for him, his team mates and when that was not enough anybody else who was willing and there was plenty of those. Now I wouldn't even dream of trying to give a lesson to someone of your status but I might have a tiny little bit more experience of the French scene and how it works or maybe not.
Sorry about the swimming pool pump, my humble advice is to buy or steal a new one or pay someone to do it for you. Have a good weekend:)
hi there 2 deep for me, but you do seen to have answered all my queries, so thats why he didnt win everything never knew that..mmmmm how about having a go then.. should be easy peezy for you...:):):):):)

FredC said:
Excellent stuff Ryan, you're making good progress.
Now then my man, you know BRF and myself of old, and you will see I have poached a few new 'old' boys who know the score inside out. Of course, our watchword is anonymity, and you'll never guess who they are. But never mind about that, they have the answers to anything you might like to know.
Look at it this way, you've got a load of world class coaches.
Anyway, nice to know that you're online properly now Ryan, so keep in touch more often.
I had forgotten to mention that I went on a bike tour last week & got back last Thursday. It was a 400 mile 5 day tour w/ four states & 2 rivers to cross. I went w/ a good friend/team member & 6 other dudes. It was all back roads, almost all hills, beautiful countryside & beautiful weather. Hauling around all that **** my bike must have weighed 35 pounds so I was glad to take it off. Me & my team mate had some unfortunate experiences w/ some of the other guys we were riding w/. There were a couple of annoying cocky old ****ers that kept nagging us for not wearing mirrors & always riding ahead of the group & not riding w/ the "level of precaution" that they would prefer when we were w/ them. They also thought it would be funny to make fun of my long hair all the f*cking time and it was pissing me off. I’m gladd I did it and it was very beneficial b/c of the weight/mileage/hills ratio and I feel a lot stronger since I’ve been back. I’m planing on doing a big stage race in Tennessee in two weeks, doing jr 15-16 & I’ll let you know more about that later.

-Ryan

FredC said:

Do you perform this service on the diesel engines of non-specified canal-boats?
Just asking.

Dondare said:
Do you perform this service on the diesel engines of non-specified canal-boats?
Just asking.
Can do Dondare, but not for that ****** Captain Pugwash.

ryan_velo. said:
I had forgotten to mention that I went on a bike tour last week & got back last Thursday. It was a 400 mile 5 day tour w/ four states & 2 rivers to cross. I went w/ a good friend/team member & 6 other dudes. It was all back roads, almost all hills, beautiful countryside & beautiful weather. Hauling around all that **** my bike must have weighed 35 pounds so I was glad to take it off. Me & my team mate had some unfortunate experiences w/ some of the other guys we were riding w/. There were a couple of annoying cocky old ****ers that kept nagging us for not wearing mirrors & always riding ahead of the group & not riding w/ the "level of precaution" that they would prefer when we were w/ them. They also thought it would be funny to make fun of my long hair all the f*cking time and it was pissing me off. I’m gladd I did it and it was very beneficial b/c of the weight/mileage/hills ratio and I feel a lot stronger since I’ve been back. I’m planing on doing a big stage race in Tennessee in two weeks, doing jr 15-16 & I’ll let you know more about that later.

-Ryan
Hey Ryan my pal, last year you see how many of us supported you in your hour of need. Great stuff from our Redneck Hillbillies pals. You've moved on from there, so these wankers are now easy meat for you.
Our men will always be here to help you.

ryan_velo. said:

-Ryan

That's very good going RV : five day tour is an impressive objective to achieve and the fact that you're hauling around stuff as well makes it even better.

I hear what you're saying about the old crew - just ignore 'em. Switch off.
They're probably jealous that you have hair! But seriously, part of the trick is to be able to appear that you're listening to these guys without taking on board what they're saying (they're not giving you advice - they're just cribbing).
But don't burn your bridges (even though I'm sure you're tempted).

As regards Tennesse - make the most of that cycle.

Great to see you getting the miles in.

I was out this evening for a 5hr spin myself.
Weather is great.
Training for the Ring of Kerry (1st July).

Today I did a century w/ the team, 3rd one this year. It was a big supported ride & I rode w/ several dudes from the team & we averaged just under 21. It was really bad ass & I felt strong and had a great finish.