Xes - Message Board

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by limerickman, Nov 12, 2004.

1. bikeriderfrance

bikeriderfrance New Member

bonjour Mlle Meow, don't know much, but you appear to have had a chute, i dont know your age, i will not ask, but remember its takes longer than you think to GET BACK when you are growing.up...if you cannot hold the bars etc with ease, 1000 kms is a lot.. 1300 is too much,, as i sed to lim,, if you work, 1000kms is max if you are a L/D/F/R... its easy,,, i do think that the brain sais you can bang em in, but after say 2/3 months, and you are down on your target, its hard to get them back...little and often,,,, nice and warm today little wind, back to normal.. 13c brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats chilly..bon courage.

2. FredC

FredC New Member

Yes Captain Mainwaring, of course Captain Mainwaring, sorry Captain Mainwaring, Bollocks Captain Mainwaring, stick your pace stick, I've got a real gun here. More toilet paper Captain?

3. FredC

FredC New Member

Ne les donne pas ces idees stupide a celui la.
    How astute of you to assess the situation so brilliantly.
    I don't need him, and I don't want him interfering in something he knows absolutely nothing about. The main principals in this endeavour of construction and progression are MCM, Limerickman, and his dearest enemy Basta Ya! Jesus if Lim only knew who Basta is he would die of shock. Bikeriderfrance, Kathy from Valencia. Hetchins and myself.
    We're dancing as fast as we can at the moment considering the circumstances. Now can you tell me if you could access the Eurosport message board on screen in Oz last season, or could you only dump e-mails on it that we could read? Basically the same thing applies to USA. Or could you only listen on line?
    No use asking BC as he's got Old Timers, and can't remember last Christmas, never mind last years TDF.
    Please let me know as we don't mind Oz roadies, it's those Bush trekkers that can ruin the board, apart from Redneck of course. Hello Tim.
    We are keeping this thread open for the time being as Lim and I only started it to keep us all together over the winter months.
    Hello Brian, remember me?

4. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Fred, I have my doubts about ES and their website.

I was getting very mixed messages from someone who claimed to be in the know - and various conspiracy theories that were supposed/not supposed to be going on at ES and all the alleged political activity there.

To be honest, I lost interest because all these things conspiracy theories were unverifiable anyway, so there was no point in sharing the information with me anyhow.

Myself and Hetchins discussed this at the time and we both decided to just listen to what was being said, and to take these conspiracy theories with a very large pinch of salt.

I was glad to see DD back though - at least that one worked out.

As for Basta Ya - well that could be anyone, couldn't it ?

5. FredC

FredC New Member

Maybe so, but they have promised us a new revamped 'smorgasbord' of delights for the coming season. Oddly enough I thought 1970's Scandinavian was passe.
    Internal politics, yes. This is ongoing in this ragbag setup.
    I don't deal in conspiracy theories.
    The DD issue isn't finished just yet especially for the TDF. MS will probably be in the Dungeon. CA will still be annoying everbody in the world. If all goes well for us with a new and more secure board, so much the better for everyone.
    Basta? one day perhaps if all becomes resolved.
    Otherwise we'll have to put up with crap posers from the USA for the Euro season, and to make matters worse Cotgrove is returning to his Del Boy roots.

6. Brian Cotgrove

Brian Cotgrove New Member

G'day Fred, Del Boy Here, My ISP fell over in the storm last night, they're Melbourne based mob so I've not been able to access the net all day.

"MM" land has been taking a right bashing both yesterday and they say on the news again today, Snow fell in the Blue Mountains last night and that doesn't happen this time of year, it's all your fault?

We had a doozie here too, mind you the day has been a bit cooler for a change, so I took my Good Lady Wife to "ESK" for "LUNCH", Esk is in the Brisbane valley, just a mere stones throw away from my place, 284 Kilometres round trip, good drive too, not much traffic ont road today being Thursday?

Puzzled Fred, old timers disease you say, you can bet your cycling shoes on it, cleats an all.

It's late for me now I'm off te' me bed, bounanotte? TBC

7. Brian Cotgrove

Parade at six o'clock sharp Fred, don't be late signing on now, we'll leave without you?

Bring yer white sox this time, no more of that fancy tartan stuff?

KTWIM,ADLB,UITSWYDOTLC?TBC

8. philhudson

philhudson New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know of the where abouts and anything about hillingdon cycle circuit?

Cheers Phil

9. FredC

FredC New Member

Phone Jeff Wade for a start.

10. Miss Meow

Miss Meow New Member

Hi Fred, I could never get the old ES message board working, so maybe we could only dump (so to speak). I guess we'll see what happens if and when the new one is functional.

Brian, our e-mail was down yesterday and the front of the building was flooded when I got to work. Naturally, it was the day I was first to arrive and unlock - water was falling from the ceiling onto desks and computers which is always a good look for the start of the day. Some numpties work in that section so I was nice enough to turn off their electricity so they didn't fry themselves ...

11. Miss Meow

Miss Meow New Member

Bonjour BRF, no problems about the age. It's 34. You are right about the training; I was being overly optimistic because my arm was feeling fine when I typed my last message! Elbow hurt a bit yesterday when lifting dumbbells around the gym - not the lifting but if my forearm twisted at all. Still on asprin, ice, massage, stretch, blah blah. I am trying to use the mouse in the left hand to rest the right and it takes twice as long to do anything. Just booked a trip to Perth for a wedding in April and the time taken to book was probably longer than my trip will be.

12. Brian Cotgrove

G'day MM, mate, it looked bad on TV too, the end of pier was washed away, the yatch club had been given a hiding and all the reporter could say was the "GOLF" will still get underway but an hour later that normal, who gives a sh*t about the golf?

Glad you didn't lose yer roof in the storm, isn't it crazy weather?

I'm not sure where the "dodo" is, but it wasn't flying till quite late yesterday?

I'm off for a ride, it's beginnig to cool a little, we had an overnight temp of 22C great for this time of year? Catch yer round?TBC

13. Brian Cotgrove

14. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

4th of February - good weather here all week (when I say good, it wasn't raining).
    Cold though but clear.
    Just back from a spin - and the clock says 135 miles since Monday last.
    I've upped the mileage to 24 miles per day (mornings are brighter and can get out for longer) and I am just in from a 39 mile spin.
    (1,064 + 135 YTD).
    Hopefully I'll get two 70 milers in tomorrow and Sunday.

1,000 miles target for Feb is probably too ambitious.
    If I get between 700-800, that will do.

The good weather is supposed to break today - temps are due to drop to 3-5
    Celsius (they have been 7-10) and snow is on the cards.

Friday afternoon cycling is not to be recommended - traffic is bedlam, people
    trying to get away early from work, weekend commuters etc.

15. FredC

FredC New Member

It seems like that is the case. Last season during the TDF a few messages appeared from riders I knew well, and they were living in Oz but were from England. I sent replies but never got one back, therefore I thought that they were unable to read the MB. So it seems that your e-mails can be published, but you can't see them. Don't expect miracles from Eurosport, they can only just handle the mundane.
    Never mind the witch doctors advice on pills, they are for 'old timers'. Get down to physio at the hospital, and use the tennis ball method.

16. Brian Cotgrove

G'day Lim, That "Get Away Early By The Tin Top People" is, I think, a world wide phenomenon, my old boss many years ago used to call it "POETS"!
    Explanation as follows: "Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday" that's poets?

They do exaclty the same here, however it's mandatory for those behind the wheel to either have aquired tunnel vision, or have taken a few swipes around the head with the idiot stick, a couple of bite's from the idiot cake at afternoon tea time, or that they purchased and are wearing blinkers?

Venture out on any of the major roads here, even commuting home and you definitely "Place Your Life In Their Hands". Now having said that we cannot let that get in the way of our enjoyment can we, keep up the good work?

KTWIM,ADLB,UITSWYDOTLC? TBC

17. Brian Cotgrove

G'day MM, would I tell you a load of bullshit "N", not on yer life, sweetie pie?

Hospitals and Doctors Surgery's, the best place's to stay out of for sure, where do you think all the disease's come from?

Fred's living back in the dim dark past, this is called "ALTERNATIVE" treatment, it works without "DRUGS" and has been practised around the world for over three thousand years, several million Chinese can't be wrong?

Four hundred years ago I would have been burned at the stake for telling you this? What say you now, Fred........Make it humorous?

Have a good day Fred, I will, and it's sunny and warm here too, I'm off to fix my sons car, "vinegar and brown paper"?

Na..nana..nana..naaa?

KTWIM,ADLB,UITSWYDOTLC?TBC

18. FredC

FredC New Member

That's to fix your head.
    Right so, send your stuff in about training with Bedwell, any news about the Army CU, quite a few good riders about your time, don't remember you though even though you said you had an extra grub chitty. Was Ron Jowers in at this time? Did you ever go to Suez? Korea? it was about your time.

19. FredC

FredC New Member

20. Miss Meow

Miss Meow New Member

Do you think comfrey will help with this type of injury? I saw some ointment yesterday and can go back tomorrow and get it while I develop my own brew from the plants in the backyard. Sailor Boy is on duty all day tomorrow so I'm free to hack at his garden ;). I'm on my second jar of glucosamine (Microgenics) and haven't noticed anything but was told it can take 60+ days to start having an effect.

Sailor Boy is having serious jaw surgery on 22 July (break and re-align upper and lower jaws on both sides). Evil me has asked if the surgeon can perform it a couple of weeks earlier so I can nurse him by day and watch TdF stages by night.